Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Multilink

I've been searching for a good website to buy Multilink but can only find sets of the cubes. I am sure that there are really good sets of cards and activities for Multilink - or is my memory just deteriorating? I recall children selecting cards with fun things to make - robots, dogs etc, and copying the pictures. And some maths games as well.

Can anyone help my memory out here? Preferably with links so I can see what is available.

I managed to track down a company in the USA that sells Mobilo recently - we love Mobilo. I also found Polydron on ebay - we love that too, although it is more challenging to fit together. Now I really want Multilink.

Also, any other suggestions of great construction kits? What do your children use most often? (other than Duplo of course - we love that too!)

Thanks!

Hi Nicola -

You could also try to get NES Arnold to send you a catalogue. Don't know if they'll send it to the good ole US of A or not, but they've got pages of mulilink products. There's an online catalogue ordering link on this page.

Their website seems truly dreadful though, so I didn't spend much time trying to find their multilink product pages. :o

We have one that is a firm favourite but I don't know what its called!!!! :o

It's just stored in those huge crate type boxes. It's red, yellow and blue. Has big red box shapes with holes in, then there are wheels and lots of strips with holes in. The boys especially like it. They use the huge box shapes as a vehicle body and come up with some fantastic results. We are currently doing houses and homes and the had two boxes joined vertically to make a block of flats. I am always on the look out for more but a name would be good!!!!

Our older ones also like construx but its a bit fiddly for the little ones.

Think I am a lost cause :o I don't even know that I would be able to say "that's it!" if someone named it xD

Come to think of it I think it may be a case of I have never known what its called as opposed to can't remember!!! May have a wander on ebay and go for picture identification!!! :D

We call it big builder too and I found a picture on the Early Learning Centre website.

I would do a link, but I'm not as clever as you lot!! :o

Just how big is this stuff please? We have lots of table construction toys such as mobilo, magnetico etc. but really need some big construction for working on the floor.

Linda

Guest Sycamore

You must get the new Knex for early years, it is great. I think I got it from TTS.

definately a favourite for my reception class. We also have Lasy, Mobilo, and big builder.

Get Knex though!

Linda - We have Big Builder at our preschool and it is ideal for a big construction toy to have on the floor. The wheels are about 5 inches in diameter. The big boxes are 9 or 10 inch cubes.

Our children LOVE it and make all sorts with it - wheelbarrows, rockets, cars, bags with handles... very versatile. Good for group play too, working together to make something. I recommend it.

Carolyn

Big Builder is not really a table top construction. We always have ours on the carpet area. To get an idea of size, I would say that the big red box in the picture above is about 25cm on each edge.

Our children love it. We ask them to wear a children's builder hat to play with it, which means only four children can play at any one time. We get some great co-operative play, as the best results are if they plan and build one model together rather than individuals.

Sometimes we give them a task, such as "can you build a car that teddy can sit in or a house for a doll.

there's something called georella i think which is cogs and handles and base boards you can fit together to make roundabouts and the like, very tactile and chld friendly, probably came from GLS direct or NES arnold I would think. I loved it! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)