Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Isi Inspection

Jackie H

Good luck Jackie, I will be really interested to hear how it goes as I'm also in an independent school.

We had one in 2007 and the lady we had was really lovely,

Jackie.

Yes, they have been in all day today. I had a 45 min interview this morning and 40 mins at home time, phew. Im so glad that the Sef had been completed as she refered to this document all the time. She was very interested in safeguarding children and wanted to see All of my policies. I had my parents and tots xmas party this afternoon as well so am enjoying a rather large glass of wine tonight. Had a good de brief tonight, she is observing all tomm morning. I wonder if she will want to come in and watch our Nativity dress rehearsal tomm afternoon!! Oh and its pre school open morning tomm too. What a week to land on the doorstep. I will let you know how we get on tomm.

Love jackie x

Well done Jackie - this time tomorrow it will all be over. I'm guessing you'll score very highly on your parent partnerships! Enjoy your glass of wine - you've certainly earned it!

Maz

Yes, they have been in all day today. I had a 45 min interview this morning and 40 mins at home time, phew. Im so glad that the Sef had been completed as she refered to this document all the time. She was very interested in safeguarding children and wanted to see All of my policies. I had my parents and tots xmas party this afternoon as well so am enjoying a rather large glass of wine tonight. Had a good de brief tonight, she is observing all tomm morning. I wonder if she will want to come in and watch our Nativity dress rehearsal tomm afternoon!! Oh and its pre school open morning tomm too. What a week to land on the doorstep. I will let you know how we get on tomm.

Love jackie x

They always have a knack of turning up just at the worst time. the only positive is that you will be so busy, that you won't have too much time to stress out!!!

All the very best

Do hope you ISI inspection is over and you have had that well earned glass of wine. Typical of Ofsted to try to destroy the pleasures of our job but as I understand it FC doesn't need to be CRB checked as you are not at any time going to leave him alone with the children. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I went to a reception put on by Ofsted last year and one of the questions they asked us was how we could help other settings. We came up with lots of ideas but what I wish they would do more than anything is try to help us overcome all the different issues faced by settings and treat us as "unique" rather than trying to make is fit one mould which lets them tick their precious boxes.

Apparently our Head thinks we will be inspected in the New Year and that will means yet another inspection for the Foundation Stage despite having outstanding last year. I personally am past the point of caring, I do my job very well, my children are well loved and cherished they have a great time and make excellent progress so whatever Ofsted/ISI say I smply don't care any more. Sadly I think I'm being so brow beaten down by all the inspection and paperwork and changes that so much joy has gone out of my job and am dreaming of early retirement.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jackie,

We are due ISI inspection some time in the New Year. I am currently working my way through SEF. I would be keen to hear from anyone with suggestions on how to record the views of the children on their Pre - School setting. Also any other tips on completing the SEF gratefully received!

Thanks

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)