Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Just Me

Inge

or has the layout changed on the view new posts page?

It is now showing the forum area first.. it used to show the new post first column...

now it could be me and a senior moment... or my PC playing games with me... but I am certain it was different n hour ago when I last looked it..

Inge

Edited by Inge

You don't hang about do you Inge?

I've just changed the order of the columns after discussions with the moderators who thought it might help members make sure they weren't offering nursery practitioner advice in reception areas and vice versa. Obviously it's at least noticeable! :o

the way I am at the moment Steve it could have been caused by something I did this end... and not remembered...

It just happened that I have been on the forum a few times today.. which was why I noticed... had I not I may have missed it..

Inge

Edited by Inge

I made the mistake of starting a thread in the wrong forum yesterday however if the new layout was there before I made the mistake I would have still made the mistake.

I always view threads from 'View New Posts' and if the forum I want is there I click on it and start a thread, which is what I did yesterday. I made the mistake of clicking on curriculum and general issues which is in 'Reception and Year 1 discussions' but if you view the forum from View New Posts you don't know it's Reception and Year 1 Discussions until the post has been submitted.

So what I'm trying to say is changing the layout wouldn't have helped me. Was that what you were getting at Steve or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Probably!

ppp

No, you're quite right PPP, there are plenty of occasions when it won't really be of much use. But we're also going to change some of the forum titles to make it clearer where they're based.

It's not a major problem but can disrupt the flow of a discussion if, for example, someone wants some advice on planning in a reception class and another member gives advice based on planning in a nursery setting, which can be very different. We're just trying to save some confusion. :o

Just a thought on layout, Steve. You know how on 'View New Posts' it shows the section first now, would it help to sort the posts by type, so you have all 'Inspections' threads together, all 'Curriculum and Planning' or whatever - would that help?

...and there are more to confuse you even further!

I've been changing the category names and forums within them, so they will take a bit of getting used to. I hope the changes will make forums easier to find. We now have:

Reception and key Stage 1 Discussions

Reception observation, assessment and planning

EYFSPs

EYE Profile,

School Curriculum and General Issues

and now also:

School Inspections

Year 2 discussions

Foundation Stage Units

Nursery, Playgroup, Children's Centre and Childminder Discussions

Observation, Assessment and Planning for Pre-school aged children

Management Issues

Policies and Procedures

Nursery Education Funding

General Issues,

Accreditation,

Inspections

and now also:

Birth to Three

Committee Members

Children's Centres

Childmnders

For Discussion of Non-setting Based Issues: Mix, mingle and chat!

EYFS statutory framework

Practice and Provision

Child Development

Inclusion & SEN

Training and Professional Development

Research

Men in Childcare

Article Discussions

Resources

Topics and Activity Ideas

ICT

Nannies

For Parents!

The last category has been largely unchanged....just a couple of old forums deleted.

Hope you can find your way around without too much difficulty now!