Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Matching Eyfs To Fsp

I know there was guidance with the old curriculum that showed which stepping stones counted towards FSP scales but can't find it with the new one. Does anyone have anything like this? I don't want to re-invent the wheel (again!)

I'm not sure that the new development matters statements match up to the pre-goals statements on the FSP, do they? I'm not a reception teacher, and only have an ancient copy of an FSP.....is it still the same? I've had a quick look at PSED and I can't find matching statements for all of them on the profile. I'm willing to be told I'm talking complete garbage though.......

If you look through 30 - 50 months you can see how development matters feeds in to the first three points on the scale and likewise with 40 - 60 months for the points 4 - 9. I find it best to have both documents open but for me the profile is summative data so don't use if for my planning.

Emilia

Hi mudiesue.

The FSP statements are not always the same as the development matter statements, and thos was the case with the old curriculum guidance too. As Emilia said, the first 3 points roughly relate to the early stages and the points 4-8 to ELGS but it never was an exact science. Was there a particular reason that you wanted this info?

the teachers I manage were looking for a quick way of using the info from the nursery to give them a more rounded baseline score on the FSP as we've been told it's particularly important for us to get good attainment on entry data to show progress as our results are well below national averages.

• 3 weeks later...

In case it is any help I have attached (I think!) the document that we used in my last setting through nursery and reception. It has the development matters for 30-50 months and 40-60 months and the ELGs. There was a copy for each child and the teachers highlighted statements as children met them. The statements in red are those that comprise the FSP, and the numbers next to them are the scale points. I designed it so we knew where statements 1-3 came from. It meant that when children came into reception the teacher could see what had already been achieved and carry on from there, rather than reassessing for 1-3 again.

Hope that makes sense!

EYFS_Objectives.doc

• 4 weeks later...
The EYFSP points are actually in bold on the on line document

The highlighted statements are the ELGs not profile points- the points 1-3 come from earlier age bands which are not highlighted.

• 1 month later...

a recent statement on our schools ofsted said that children join the school broadly average in all areas except CLL, (I manage the feeder pre-school) went in to find why this comment had come about and was shown the profiles, where some statements appear quite high on the eyfs they are only 2 or 3 on the profile scale which is quite low and what ofsted look at.......this doesnt really make much sense when i thought the eyfs ran to the end of reception.

• 5 months later...
Guest LornaW
So when transfer documents are coming to Reception from Nursery and the children are highlighted as secure at 40-60 months, how can that be? Have I got a cohort of G&T children next year????

It is my experience if you have the right opportunities in pre school you will be secure in some areas and it is up to reception teachers to see this ad take the children on from where they are. So yes some children will have achieved scales points 1 - 3 in pre school.

Lorna

If a child is secure at 40-60 months then that would mean that they have meeting up to 8 points on the profile! I very much doubt that children would come into reception this high - I think that some G&T children may be achieving this level but only very rare - and doubtful they would be doing it for every area of the curriculum. I usually tend to have children entering my class at 30-50 months and meeting up to 3 points. There are a couple of children who score higher and some that score none. x

I think this is where moderation between settings is so vital - if the schools contact the pre-schools and nurseries that feed in to them i'm sure moderation could be done easily and that way if someone says X knows how to do Y then you know what they mean! if you are having problems with judgements then tell them> pre-schools do not want to be filling in paperwork that is of no use to schools :o We are told not to complete the profile points 4-8 (unless they are in their reception year- i.e. starting in the september of the year they turn five - but i am now being asked by schools to tick off the ones that i know the children can do :( hummm tick lists i thought we weren't supposed to be doing that! :( it might also be worth checking that your feeder pre-schools have the profile guidance since often they only deal with development matters which as previously said does not match up with the profile :( (note to self ....add this to my what do i want to change list xD )

• 1 month later...
In case it is any help I have attached (I think!) the document that we used in my last setting through nursery and reception. It has the development matters for 30-50 months and 40-60 months and the ELGs. There was a copy for each child and the teachers highlighted statements as children met them. The statements in red are those that comprise the FSP, and the numbers next to them are the scale points. I designed it so we knew where statements 1-3 came from. It meant that when children came into reception the teacher could see what had already been achieved and carry on from there, rather than reassessing for 1-3 again.

Hope that makes sense!

The most amazing document - I can really see how I can use this for cross referencing scale points with development matters! Thanks for uploading...really useful!

Fi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)