Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outside Area Photos

Please can anyone help?? I started a Rec/Y1 job share in September and I am having a bit of an uphill battle to implement EYFS effectively. When I arrived there was no outdoor area and now we only have a small fenced off area, which I am trying to make the best of. Anyway, we had Ofsted before half term and the FS environment was one of the key areas to improve. The governors have all of a sudden got money to spend!!! The trouble is they don't have much knowledge or understanding of Early Years - when I have mentioned getting tyres and milk crates they looked at me as if I was mad! Does anyone have any photos of their Outside Area which they would be willing to share so I can show them to the governors?? I have got a couple of catalogues to show them, but I think photos of areas in other schools would really help.

Thanks,

Kathryn

I may be dreaming but there may be some on the EYFS disk - videos I mean, of children enjoying the outside area - if it's not on there I must have seen it somewhere else - Teachers TV?

Could you ask your EYAT if there are some outdoor areas you could look at at other schools and take a governor or your HT along to see them? There are some really good ones around that have been set up using a lot of imagination and not a lot of money. I'm sure members on here will come up trumps.

I am uploading 2 pictures. One showing how cheap materials can be used imaginatively for really effective play, and one of a beautiful outdoor area which was a little more expensive!

post-1195-1258274426_thumb.jpg post-1195-1258274509_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)