Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Post Box

Hi all.

We are making a post office! I want to make a post box for the classroom asap. I'd like it to look as much like a real post box as I can. Does anyone have any fabulous ideas how I can know one up quickly and cheaply.

So far I'm imagining I can try and make it out of cardboard but I really don't want it to wobble over as we have lots of fiesty boys in our class. :o I'm also hoping to ba able to empty it somehow!

I hope someone can help with any ideas

Cheers

Saskia

does it have to be a round 'pillar box' type ?

you could get 3 smaller hoola hoops -1 top 1 bottom 1 middle these would act as strenghteners -make a cardboard tube and tape the hoola hoops inside.

cut a flap around the back to empty.

it would be a bit of a fiddle though ?

or get a nice big rectangle box (thats what we usually do ! :o )

This is what we always do. Get a large round box (like a hat box) from somewhere like Hobbycraft, and a large rectangular sheet of card. Paint the base of the box black, and the top of the box and the sheet of card red. Bend the sheet of card into a cylinder shape and put into base of hat box so it holds it up, then put top of box on as lid. You can cut a slot for letters to finish off. Hope this makes sense, it is difficult to describe, will see if I can find a photo! This makes a lovely sturdy, realistic looking letter box. Have fun - my class always love a Post Office role play area!

Kathryn

Ahhhhh cait the christmas card box!! id forgotten about that, every year it takes ages to empty and sort into name order i dont know where we find the time! :o

Thats a brilliant idea!!! we have been doing it ourselfs for years and complaining how long it was taking us away from the children, im doing it your way this year thanks cait!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)