Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half Term And Swine Flu...............

hi all

fist time i've been on all week my little girl (who's 9) came down with swine flu on monday. she was really poorly. was sooooo worried about her. she has been taking tamiflu which i wasnt happy to give her but was assured by the pharmacy that she would be ok. and she has been. i have never seen her so ill. she is getting better slowly but has not been able to anything in half term and is'nt well enough to go to a hallowen party. does anyone else know of anyone who has had it. just hopeing the rest of us dont catch it. we are going to london next week and i am really hopeing she is better and that we are not ill. sorry to go but just really needed to tell some one. hope you have all had a good half term and enjoy trick or treating. will try to be on again soon..xxx :o

Much empathy from me.....my whole family have been suffering from Swine flu ...it started last Friday and so we are now on the week mark......it has taken this time to go through everyone (5 children and my husband and me) and we have probably only 2 of us who feel a little bit more human....but it has been unbelievable......real, proper flu......yuk....I didn't bother with Tamiflu as we were in Devon on a break...we had to come home earlier and by the time we did I thought we would just isolate ourselves and have done......not good.....but I feel well enough to post on here so that is a sign of me getting better.....feel so helpless and so horrible to not be able to look after my family properly....we are all muddling through together..... :o

p.s I hear from more people daily who have it locally!

Edited by Guest

Hi What an awful week for you at least she is getting better. We have had a couple of cases in school but no one i know personally although my father decided that we should not make our dutiful visit during HT as he did not want it! I will keep my fingers croosed that you make it to london. :o

Poor you. I was talking to one of our ex-parents this week whose little boy has had swine flu this week (he has really bad asthma anyway so this wasn't a welcome development). She was saying that tamiflu is some kind of wonder drug though, and that he was getting better quite quickly.

Hope your little girl makes a speedy recovery and that none of the rest of you gets it!

Maz

Much empathy from me.....my whole family have been suffering from Swine flu ...it started last Friday and so we are now on the week mark......it has taken this time to go through everyone (5 children and my husband and me) and we have probably only 2 of us who feel a little bit more human....but it has been unbelievable......real, proper flu......yuk....I didn't bother with Tamiflu as we were in Devon on a break...we had to come home earlier and by the time we did I thought we would just isolate ourselves and have done......not good.....but I feel well enough to post on here so that is a sign of me getting better.....feel so helpless and so horrible to not be able to look after my family properly....we are all muddling through together..... :o

p.s I hear from more people daily who have it locally!

xD sorry to here you to are ill to. we had to help her in and out of the bath and get her dressed she was that bad. hope you are all better soon. would really recomend tamiflu. it has helped get my daughter better quicker. with no real side affects apart from the odd tummy pains. xx

My 11 year old has been given tamiflu because his temp wouldn't stay down over a couple of days. Not sure it was swine flu though - he's developed a nasty cough but no longer has the temp! He has his residential trip next week and i'm hoping he'll be well enough.

I've felt dreadful today - shivering, sneezing, aching, runny nose. Thnak goodness we have a 2 week half term!

Sam

My 11 year old has been given tamiflu because his temp wouldn't stay down over a couple of days. Not sure it was swine flu though - he's developed a nasty cough but no longer has the temp! He has his residential trip next week and i'm hoping he'll be well enough.

I've felt dreadful today - shivering, sneezing, aching, runny nose. Thnak goodness we have a 2 week half term!

Sam

this sounds very similar to my 13 year old son. He started with a really high temperature at the end of the last school week and was very poorly over the weekend. racing pulse, burning hot, hacking cough and a really sore throat. My husband convinced me that it was not swine flu and to be perfectly honest with you I don't know if it was or it wasn't. He still has a terrible cough but now after 8 days is feeling much better. mrsW.x

We had one secondary school close just before half term - they had so many cases in both students and staff. I think they had 30 confirmed cases and about 100 other sickness related bugs. They closed due to being understaffed with so many being ill. It's crazy!

Then at the start of half term week my other half comes home really poorly, thankfully it didn't get too serious but he was bad enough. And he did milk it!!

Hope people are feeling better soon :o

Edited by Guest

Well I succumbed and have been in bed all w/e. Raging temp, dreadful headache, horrible sweats.

But I feel much better today - just took lots of paracetemol and ibuprofen and drank lots of tea!Might acutally get to start writing this dissertation!

Hope everyone else gets better quickly.

Sam

hi all

would just like to wish everone who is ill a speedy recovery. my daughter is feeling better. but now my little boy has impertigo and cant go to school this week. :o and now i have a sore throat. what joy can it get any worse. xD xxx