Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed!

Hi

I wondered if anyone knew where i can find articles or something against self reflection, i can find lots of evidence supporting it but want to put an opposite view across for my dissentation. I have searched the internet and soooo many books but cant find anything. Does anyone have any ideas....... been at it all day and feel as if i'm getting nowhere!!!!!!! I have discussed schon, greenway and dewey and ECM, EYFS, EYPS.......... now struggling....

Hm, I can't help with any articles, but there's a point of view that you can self-reflect too much to the extent that nothing is happening NOW - there's no forward motion. Sunnyday's quote of last week about how weighing a pig every day doesn't make it heavier, springs to mind.

It could be argued, and I take your point, that there seems to be a lot of emphasis on self-reflection at the moment, and sometimes we should just 'move on' without necessarily reflecting first - a leap into the dark if you like. I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames for suggesting it, but I'm just trying to provide a point of view for you! :o

Thanks cait..... it just all seems very positive, just feel i need another slant on it....as i do need to debate it.....getting a bit bogged down with it now!!!! Thankyou.... maybe i'm reflecting a little too much!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Me again!!!! I'm still plodding on with my dissertation... i know somewhere i saw something in the workforce reform about self reflection.... i have trawled and trawled... i just need a quoote... but i cant find it...does anyone know where... i have been on the ECM website and it says it has been removed.... why cant i find it......aghhh!!! Any help greatly appreciated...

with regards to my other query i have discovered the self decrepancy theory, so i'm also looking into this at the moment....

I've a couple of articles...

Christie, Effie, N. 2007.

Reflective practice: Notes from the field: teachers using reflection to transform classroom practice & themselves as practitioners.

And...

Hobbs, Valerie. 2007.

Faking it or Hating it: can refelctive practice be forced?

do you have access to ejournals from uni?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)