Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parental Partnership Policy

Hello, i have just been searching thr forums for more information on parental involvment.

I've been asked by from my course (E115), to look at my settings parental partnership policy.

I know the school doesn't have one and just wondered if i should do one for the foundation unit.

Any advice, do you have one in your setting, does it just outline what you do to encourage parental involvment

All these questions, lol :o

Thanks in advance

Gill

What a great way to encourage parental involvement. I think one barrier to parents stepping forward is that they can be unsure of what involvement would be welcome and when. This would be a good way to show parents the ways in which they can help their child and the setting as well as the ways in which the setting is geared up to supporting their needs.

I think the foundation stage should have a parental partnership policy of some sort, informal or formal.

Involvng parents is obviously VERY high on the importance scale in the EYFS guidance and OFSTED do indeed look to see how you involve parents in their child's care and education!

Here's the ones we have as 'back up policies' These as ones we've written but as the parents voted to adopt the PSLA policies last year our own policies can get overlooked I think, and there's often good stuff in there that the PSLA ones doesn't cover. So these form a backup of information, and when someone invents a 30 hour day I'll spend time putting information across into the PSLA ones to make them more 'ours'

06_07_Parental_Involvement_Policy.doc

06_07_Parents_as_Partners_Policy.doc

Here's the ones we have as 'back up policies' These as ones we've written but as the parents voted to adopt the PSLA policies last year our own policies can get overlooked I think, and there's often good stuff in there that the PSLA ones doesn't cover. So these form a backup of information, and when someone invents a 30 hour day I'll spend time putting information across into the PSLA ones to make them more 'ours'

Thanks very much Cait they are very useful x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)