Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rechargeable Torches

sam2368

Hs anyone seen the children's rechargeable torches? I'm sure i've seen them advertised in a magazine but now that i want a closer look, I can't find the advert! there are 5 or 6 on a recharging stand, black with a different coloured circle on each.

thanks

Sam

it is a handle on the side you wind up... just like the wind up radios you see around... I had small pocket sizes ones, but they also had bigger ones -( this time last year they were near the fireworks,)

Inge

Edited by Inge

You can often find the wind up torches in Pound shops and the like, and they seem to be quite popular in the run up to Christmas. The noise can be awful and they aren't the best for shining brightly for ages but on the other hand they are cheap, sturdy and they help to make the connection between powering something and it operating.

I got my LARGE rechargeable torch from B & Q for walking the dog through the fields in the dark. It was £15 but they also had smaller ones but I don't know how much they were. I have a small hand torch which bounces from Argos but thats solar powered. I just keep it on the window sill but it was expensive £20 but I never have to worry about it being dead. My daughter has a wind up one which is adequate for the price. I took all 3 in last week for our dark cave and the wind up one went down well with the children.

Fab - thanks everyone. Kittycat, they were the ones i was thinking of, doesn't give indication of size though does it?

I'm planning to do owl babies, can't you sleep little bear and lead into other night and day, light and dark related stories then bears and hibernation after christmas break. The children love making enclosures which we'll develop into dens.

We also do festivals of light rather than focusing on christmas, diwali, wesak etc so will be looking at different types of light.

I really like this time of year with the changing weather, darker evenings.

Sam

Hi Sam

Just to say 'Where oh where is Kippers Bear' is a fun, lift the flap book - and on the last page Kippers Bear is discovered under the duvet reading a book with .........yes you guessed it .......a little torch that actually lights up as you lift the flap!

Oh and yes we have 'wind up' torches - great fun!

Sunnyday

Great, thanks Inge.

I've ordered 10 of the ones which you squeeze with your hand to charge (£20 all in from ebay) and popped into the pound shop yesterday but they didn't have any. Will check out asda this week.

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)