Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Off To Mississippi

michaelle

I said I would let you know when I found out where I was going for my Easter Study Visit and sure enough I got a letter today saying it was Mississippi. I am so excited I need to tell someone or everyone :D Hope to come back with lots of ideas the brief is 'creativity'

Does anyone know what the climate is like there at Easter

What does one wear in school etc

Yikes the panic is setting in now!!!!! :o

That sounds very exciting Michaelle - hope you have a great time. As for weather, you might want to take a brolly. March and April seem to have the highest averages in a climate described generally as 'warm and humid'. Summary:

* Mississippi has a warm and humid climate, with annual rainfall ranging from 50 to 65 inches.

* Rainfall is brought by extratropical storms in the winter, and thunderstorms and tropical storms in the summer and fall.

* Occasionally, Mississippi experiences substantial flooding, especially during hurricanes.

* Tropical storms strike the Mississippi coast on average once every 12 years, but hurricane frequency varies by decade and is strongly influenced by the El Nino/La Nina cycle.

Try to avoid the hurricanes is my recommendation! :o

This is not knowledge I just happen to carry round in my head. Here's a link to the site where I found the information! :D

Guest Tracey F

You will have a FAB time, but will be totally exhausted - I went to New Zealand during October 1/2 term for a week with TIPD and it truly was a wonderful experience - there was so much professional dialogue with different colleagues from this country as well as over there. It was like all the normal stresses and strains of everyday life were lifted from us and we were just taken door to door from apartment to school and back again, with our itinerary and work for the day mapped out for us. The toughest decisions we made were about which restaurant to eat at in the evening, as everything else was so well organised for us!!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, and don't expect to see everything you wanted to while you're there, but try to take in as much as you can of what you do see.

My colleague and I sometimes ask each other now whether it was all just a dream!

Guest Sycamore

hi

how exciting! You will have a great time. I did the Fulbright Teaching Exchange run through the British Council 5 years ago to the USA. They will probably welcome you with a very royal welcome.

You can get a way with more or less whatever you like as far as clothes to wear in school. Jeans was the norm on dress down friday but it was generally quite casual. My school wasn't air conditioned and was sweltering in summer so be prepared for that.

Let us know how you get on.