Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quality Setting

I have just started on my Quality Journey with Birmingham City Council. OMG - there is a lot of work involved in this girls. I can certainly see the value of it as it truely will sort the good from the bad.

However, I am really concerned about the paperwork side of the assessment that is carried out on each setting and also how you prove everything to your assessor.

This is certainly not something you can do without the co-operation of the staff. I also feel from my limited experience that you will have to conform to how the 'establishment' think things should be done compared to you knowing your staff, children and parents.

I don't want to sound negative, but I do have some small concerns and issues. Has anybody else started on this journey, and how are you finding it.

I haven't done the Birmingham one, so can't say what it's like. The one we did was definitely something that had to have the whole staff on board as there were sections that only they could fill in

Haven't done Birmingham but have done PSLA and local QA scheme. There is a lot of evidencing to do and it is very much a whole team effort. A way of trying to get everyone on board is to delegate little bits of each section or module to different staff members.

All these schemes are looking for you to be working as a team in the setting and if Birmingham is like the schemes we have done then the assessors also chat with and observe the staff on their visits.