Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lifting And Handling Policy For Pre-school

i have ofsted very soon and need a lifting and handling please if anyone can help i would be very grateful. It is for a pre-school setting

thanks stella53

Hi Stella,

Well, another policy I hadn't ever thought of! :D Has someone told you that you need this one?

Perhaps you could add a sentence or two to either the staff/health and safety policies you have, or the child protection policy? I'm all for reducing the number of policies we hold, to a manageable amount :o

Hi

we cover it in our risk assessments eg tables take 2 people to carry and number it 1-5 with how much of a risk it is.

Also one of the staff went on a lifting course so came back and relayed everything to us. :D

We do not have a lifting and handling policy either, but we do include advice on lifting and handling in our staff induction pack which we give out to new staff and work experience students etc. I haven't got a copy of this at home (where I am at the moment) I'm afraid. I think we may have bought our lifting and handling advice sheet from an office supplies shop. If you need to write it as a policy you probably need to think about lifting the children as well as equipment - under what circumstances this would be done and how to lift them safely - minimising the risk to you/your staff and the child.

Thanks to everyone who replied, yes i have been told i need one. unfortunatley i am not a member of the PLA, does this mean i cannot buy the poster from them i woder.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)