Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry, Yawn......planning

Cast your eye someone please.....a while back I posted my planning on here and had some lovely feedback with some comments about how nice it was but could I sustain it as it was quite detailed.....guess what I can't - well I am finding it too time consuming.....so how about this?

RESOURCES_FOR_WEEK_5.doc

Edited by Guest

Shirel, this looks lovely, but in our setting we don't give nearly so much detail. This must still take you ages!

We have these:

continuous_provision_sheets.doc

And we put a few simple ideas on them about what's in each area, any enhancements, then we add sticky labels to show how the children have responded, what interests they have, etc.

I like to think of it as planning after the event rather than before it, if that makes sense.

so the areas you are looking at are for the whole group??

My staff do it for their individual key children, they write up what they are planning and i colate it onto a weekly provision sheet

Hi shirel - wow - very impressive.......

I don't do anything as detailed as that - lots of my 'planning' is retrospective..... but honestly, seriously what do I know.......haven't had an Ofsted under EYFS..........EYAT seemed happy though..........I probably put more 'effort' into evaluations........

Thank you....I guess I find it hard to scale down what I do...i have continuos provision sheets and I spend a lot of time evaluating too (focus activities and I am currently evaluating the term so far xD:o:( )......but I do enjoy what I do and can justify why I am doing it....so?

Thank you very much.. :(

Suer......I also do a "How did we plan for this week sheet" and that is collated information from the weekly staff meeting where keyworkers input their observational stuff - I put childrens initials of the children on this sheet and we can all refer to it to see how our individual children are being catered for......does that make sense?

Edited by Guest

Shirel, can you share a copy of your 'how did we plan for this week sheet?' please. I am happy with my general planning for the week, it includes focus activities and continuous provision, but I feel my staff are thinking that they are not focussing on their keyworker children enough with focus activities now being part of the free flow choice, children can choose to access the activities throughout the session rather than be taken to them at the start of the session as they previously were.

I know they are focussing on them, but think a visual plan would be good for the staff too

THanks

Clare

HI Clare, I have not got a format as such to do this...but I think one could be made...I summarise the notes from the planning meeting - it shows me and the staff that we are linking our talk/observations with the next steps of learning and planning from interests....I have attached a summary to show you but not sure how helpful it will be?

How_did_we_plan_for_21st_to_25th_September.doc

HI Clare, I have not got a format as such to do this...but I think one could be made...I summarise the notes from the planning meeting - it shows me and the staff that we are linking our talk/observations with the next steps of learning and planning from interests....I have attached a summary to show you but not sure how helpful it will be?

Thanks Shirel, it is very useful to see how you have summarised it :-)

Thanks for this Shirel, a much more workable format than the one our CC teacher wants to impose on us. It does what it says, so I've printed it out to show my boss at work,

Hi shirel - thanks for sharing your 'How did we plan for' sheet........I do something very similar - but I don't add children's initials - will now!!!

It's always good to have something that someone else has done to show my staff - I feel that I am constantly making changes/improvements - no bad thing in my book.......but I think I 'wear them out' at times! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)