Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Trip Linked To Transport

Has anyone got any brilliant ideas for a school tip for Reception children linked to a topic on transport? We really wanted to go to the airport but they don't do trips for children under 6 :o Very disappointed by this as I was really excited about it, and now can't think of anywhere as good!!

Any inspiration?

Do you have a 'Transport museum' anywhere nearby? Probably not or you would have thought of it!!!

Could you catch a bus somewhere - my grandchildren have never 'caught a bus' :o something I've been meaning to do with them! xD

Hmmmm...........will keep thinking........

We caught a bus to the village which the children loved, most had never been on public transport before. You could catch a bus to the train station. Go on a barge trip. we have the great Central railway nearby which is always a good trip.

Why don't you go on a train ride? Under 5's travel for free which makes it a cheap trip! All we had to buy was cheap day return tickets. We took 40 children and 10 adults last term and it only cost about £50 all in! After splitting the cost between the children it was a very cheap and very memorable day out!

Vicki

Are you anywhere near a space centre? I think there might be one in Notts somewhere.

Or how about one of those small airfields, they might be willing for you to visit.

Good luck!

Last year our reception did transport and went o Manchester Airport. They do a specific school's trip and they even got to have a peek at Concord. They came back buzzing.

Sarah

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)