Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminders Fees

Hi could someone give me idea on what most childminders charge per hour ,is they extra charge for food drink ? . My daughter-in- law due return work in the new year currently looking for childminder. Also what do you think to grandparents having to be ofsted registered as it was recently stated in the paper this is what ofsted want ? many thanks julie x

You dont have to be Ofsted inspected if you're a family member Julie. A grandparent is fine.

Childminder fees might vary by area so I cant help there. But I think here they charge around £3.00- £4.00 per hour.

Hi could someone give me idea on what most childminders charge per hour ,is they extra charge for food drink ? . My daughter-in- law due return work in the new year currently looking for childminder. Also what do you think to grandparents having to be ofsted registered as it was recently stated in the paper this is what ofsted want ? many thanks julie x

In my area most of us charge £3 per hour and that includes meals once the children are old enough to eat a proper meal . However, parents supply food for babies and there is no fee reduction for that.

If families want to claim the childcare element of working families tax credit they MUST use a registered child care provider so a grandparent would need to be registered with ofsted if the parent wanted to make a claim- at least that's my understanding.

Good luck with finding a childminder.

In my area most of us charge £3 per hour and that includes meals once the children are old enough to eat a proper meal . However, parents supply food for babies and there is no fee reduction for that.

If families want to claim the childcare element of working families tax credit they MUST use a registered child care provider so a grandparent would need to be registered with ofsted if the parent wanted to make a claim- at least that's my understanding.

Good luck with finding a childminder.

many thanks for replys , if need be i will be on hand as i,ve not long left my job in pre school due move . Mind you enjoying what i,m doing now few cleaning jobs time to myself without any hassle lol .

• 5 months later...

I'm in Milton Keynes and charge £3.75 full time per hour and £4.00 part time per hour and £5.00 per hour for after school care.

I'm in Milton Keynes and charge £3.75 full time per hour and £4.00 part time per hour and £5.00 per hour for after school care.

Crikey! I might have to review my fees. It would seem we are rather cheaper in Worcestershire!

Why dont you get paid the minimum wage? You are employed by the parents afterall. Is it something to do with being self employed or that parents couldnt afford it?

It does seem mightily unfair.

I dont think parents would be able to pay minium wage, I can have 3 children under 5 at a time, at the moment I currently only have 1, but if all spaces were full I would then get £9.75 per hour plus any after school children. so at the moment I only get the £3.25 which is not good considering out of that I have to cover costs. :o

Tink69

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Co. Durham and I charge £25 per day available 7am to 6pm.All meals and snacks are included. I charge £4.50 per session before school and £5.00 per session after school, this includes a breakfast or tea. Others in my network have raised their rates but I am quite happy with mine.....I feel that by charging too much a person may not be able to go out to work. I look after 11 children, including 3 sets of siblings and only 1 set of siblings and another child are in receipt of tax credits.

I m in Northumberland and I charge £4 per hour plus food if they want me to provide it .

Technically we arent employed by the parents childminders are self employed providing a service so we are nt entitled to the minimum wage but i doubt very much if parents could afford to pay it .

I dont know how many iof my parents are on tax credits but quite a lot pay in childcare vouchers so save quite a lot of money that way as childcare money is deducted from their salary before they pay tax on it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)