Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Newsletters

We don't use a template its just a word document and we pop a piece of clipart related to what we are doing at the top.We try to get 2 on an A4 to cut down costs.

Hello, don't have access to our template at the moment but thought I'd just reply to say that we use Google Groups to communicate with our parents via email as well as a printed newsletter. Good luck with your newsletter!

TFAC

Another good thing to put on newsletters - is to tell parents that they must register their child at a school. Some seem to think that they can just turn up on the day and the school will be expecting them!!!!!

We also use a word document and add 'enhancements' clip art, different columns etc - we have 1 newsletter a month which we send via e-mail and follow up with a paper copy as well

mps09 - thanks for sharing your newlsetter can I ask how well supported your wish list of items is - for the laminating pouches, anitbac spray etc?

Edited by thumperrabbit

mps09 - thanks for sharing your newlsetter can I ask how well supported your wish list of items is - for the laminating pouches, anitbac spray etc?

It's brilliant - not all parents oblige... but that's OK, those that can/want to will and we haven't bought anything off that list in 3 years!!

We often get parents saying they are going to Tesco, what do we need??

It just becomes 'the norm' after a while and parents don't think it odd for us to ask.

It's an excellent way to sort out those ordinary things.... but we always make sure they know about the more interesting things that we buy from fundraising!!

just wanted to add......

What a good idea to include info about registering your child at school... must remember that one for next term.

Also, I often change the layout, pictures, heading, etc. because I feel that after a while parents don't 'see them' because it becomes so familiar.

We also, ask if anyone want it to be e:mailed. We only have a few receive it this way, no point sending it by e:mail if it then isn't going to get read at all!!

I do think, though, that we are lucky with our parents, they are generally a good lot. :o

And just think if parents provide some of the consumables it means YOU don't have to remember to get it with your shopping!!

xD:(:(

Thanks everybody you have all been great, just been made Lit co-ordinator and have to iplement newsletter accross school and my brain was feeling mushy when i was trying to think of a draft template x x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)