Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Single Formula Funding

Thanks for that Jacquie-I have had a quick look and it makes for interesting reading. I was at a meeting about this on Tuesday evening and I think we need to send a copy of this to our LEA.

Linda

Thanks for this Jacquie. I have read through it but if anyone would like to tell me what it said I'd be very grateful :o .

One quote that did jump out at me was this:

“Funding the most flexible options more favourably will mean that in order to ac

cess any 

additional funding children will not be attending the nursery on 5 consecutive d

ays.  

Continuity of learning/peer groups etc. will be totally lost.  Flexibility suits parents – not 

children.” 

We have a waiting list and a good reputation, but I fear that by paying more for flexible places we might have to either become more flexible or lose staff as we lose money through lesser amounts per head. I am looking at extending our hours but we have serious restraints over use of the building so I am trying to work out what "flexible" means in our LA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)