Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update On My Dismissal Etc...

HI all,

thanks for all your support recently in light of my recent dismissal.

i think today, well this evening it actually really sank in :o

I had a text message from one of the parents (who had my number because i had previously babysat for them before) she said that it was sad i had left nursery and that she hoped i was okay and that they would miss me.

i am gutted, truely gutted.

The parents have now received letters telling them i have left for personal reasons.

A parent has approached claire (my sister) for my phone number, if this was you would you be giving your number out. I got on very well with this parent, but equally i am unsure what i can tell them if they ring me. Obviously since i am appealing i do not want to say / do anything that would affect my case.... yet on the other side they are only asking for my number out of genuine concern... personally i am happy for her to have my number, as i would like to say 'good bye' properly, but i don't want it to affect any subsequant case i may have.

I am so sad,

I went to CAB today and the guy helped me draft a letter requesting an appeal, very well worded, which i will do tommorow since i think all the lack of sleep caught up with me today and i spent most of it sleeping.

I really feel lost right now, and need my mum for reassurance, but it looks like she has swine flu bless her... I wonder what else my life would like to throw at me right now xD

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I'm so sorry to hear you've had probs at work. I've been away recently and haven't been in touch with the forum too much, but if there's one thing I can offer you it's a virtual hug. Things will get better - it just takes time and your own faith in yourself - which I'm sure is there. big hugs,

Spiral x

Dawn this is all so difficult for you, but I think at this moment in time you should be as professional as possible. Go ahead with your appeal as you seem to have very good grounds. Don't get involved with parents as you don't wish to be accused of causing any kind of trouble, be above reproach. At least you know that you are missed and obviously appreciated by them, but in terms of dealing with this you need to be very discrete.

Oh Dawn, 'gutted, truly gutted' can hardly really describe what you must be feeling. And I don't know how to say how sorry I am.

However, I am really glad to hear you are appealing, and that you have had help from CAB - but who are you appealing to? I thnk if you are doing that, you need to keep very quiet as you don't want anyone turning roiund to you are saying you have spread criticism etc.

Could you ask your sister to let any parents who know that you just need some 'space' right now, that you appreciate their concern and she could say that she imagines that cards would be welcome?

Try to keep brave. When I am going through a difficult patch I try to make myself imagine what I will feel like about the situation in 6 months or a year - generally it helps me to get through.

Gruffalo2

I'm sure leaving the letter of appeal until you feel better after a night's sleep (!) is a wise idea. Did you ring ACAS as per previous discussion? I know they give very expert advice too and would back your appeal up too.

What more can I say other than here's a MASSIVE virtual hug (((((((((((xxxxxXXXXXXxxxxxx))))))))))

I shall include you in my nocturnal prayers when I'm wide awake pining for my babies at uni.

God bless xxxx

Really feel for you Dawn, I couldnt say goodbye to people I'd come to know at the last nyursery I was in, its horrible. Take time to rest and then come out all guns blazing. You know you havent done anything to warrant this. It must be lovely to know the parents are missing you, proves you have been doing a great job.

Hope the appeal goes well.

Just wanted to say I think Gruffalo2's advice about asking your sister to say you need space right now is a good one. It helps you stay above reproach but lets parents know that their concern is welcomed.

Yes i rang ACAS they gave good advice, CAB were also brilliant. ACAS said looks like strong case to take to tribunal... however i did not want it to get to tribunal, but feel it may.

I am sure after a good night's sleep, if i get one that is!!!!!!, i will be feeling ready to fight... rather than sit in a corner and cry which is how i feel right now.

Dawn

I'm sure leaving the letter of appeal until you feel better after a night's sleep (!) is a wise idea. Did you ring ACAS as per previous discussion? I know they give very expert advice too and would back your appeal up too.

What more can I say other than here's a MASSIVE virtual hug (((((((((((xxxxxXXXXXXxxxxxx))))))))))

I shall include you in my nocturnal prayers when I'm wide awake pining for my babies at uni.

God bless xxxx

Really feel for you Dawn, I couldnt say goodbye to people I'd come to know at the last nyursery I was in, its horrible. Take time to rest and then come out all guns blazing. You know you havent done anything to warrant this. It must be lovely to know the parents are missing you, proves you have been doing a great job.

Hope the appeal goes well.

me too Rea and that was the hardest part!!! i had parents ring and email me - very hard not to be bitter but you have to sty proffessional if your appealing. lots of hugs - keep strong Dawn :o

I'm so glad you have got some good advice Dawn.

You have shown great inner strength to keep thinking about the professional thing to do.

I hope that once they learn what a strong case you have you formers employers will decide to settle before a tribunal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this all gets sorted out swiftly and you can start to look to the future.

Good luck with writing the letter tomorrow.

xx

Glad to hear you are going to take this further. The way you are feeling is totally understandable. Keep strong.

Could you ask your sister to say that much as you want to speak to parents you are unable to at the present time but that their thoughts and best wishes mean a lot to you.

Take care

Dawn, sending lots of love and support your way!

The thought of going to tribunal is scary but you'll have lots of great support from CAB or ACAS if it goes that far - as has been said, cases often get settled before it gets that far. I hope it will be true for you!

Just a thought, though. Have you been to see your Doctor? It may work in your favour to have it on your GP notes how you've been affected by these events.

Nona

I did think about going to the doctor but i did nt really want it on my medical records that i was stressed.... however in all honesty right now i don't feel that stressed. i am sure that will chnage as time goes on, and of course the doctors are always an option if needed.

Thanks for your kind thoughts

Dawn

Dawn, sending lots of love and support your way!

The thought of going to tribunal is scary but you'll have lots of great support from CAB or ACAS if it goes that far - as has been said, cases often get settled before it gets that far. I hope it will be true for you!

Just a thought, though. Have you been to see your Doctor? It may work in your favour to have it on your GP notes how you've been affected by these events.

Nona

Dawn you sound like a strong woman to me - you may feel bruised at the moment but when you know right is on your side it's amazing how it can keep you going. You have had lots of wise advice here - stick to your guns girl. I had a problem with work once which ended up going to tribunal, it was really quite trivial in the grand scheme of things but they settled the day before the hearing and the feeling of having been proved right was worth everything believe me. Good Luck and BIG Hugs x