Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help

narnia

Ok, strange question of the day:.........how do you delete the history of what you've been looking at from your computer?? I know there is a way, I just don't know how to! I have just had a big row with hubby, who tracked what I'd been looking at today and then blew his top, 'cos he said most of it was rubbish ( He MIGHT just have a point!), but, in order that I can look at interesting things in future without it causing future bust-ups, how do I just get rid of it??....and just to be clear, no, I haven't been looking at things I shouldn't have.....it's just in his opinion, it's all junk!.and whenI say 'history'....i mean the little green arrow at the end of the search bar, which has 'go' beside it, which then pops down to reveal all my guilty websites!......including the dreaded ebay, which was the main cause of the argument! :oxD

Edited by narnia

Why would he be annoyed at what you are looking at, unless of course it was something dodgy, which I'm sure it wouldn't have been. If you dont mind me saying tell him to mind his own business! And have youchecked what he's looking at!!!!

I have the same problem sometimes but last night I found a fab button under tools. 'INPRIVATE BROWSING'. I used it and not one thing showed up in the history afterwards. I was looking at tattoos, which I occassisonaly think of having, and he'd flip. What the head doesnt see the heart cant grieve over. :o

Narnia, be comforted by the fact you are not alone - the Internet SS is alive and well in this house too - and ebay, amongst others, is a bugbear! (Only when I'm looking at it tho - not when he wants a acceleron-high-visibility-dual proton-nucleo-de-resistivizor from a little man in Ningbo ! - then it's 'necessary'. When he starts I just forget to wash his socks or whatever looks most 'necessary'....LOL!!

I have the same problem sometimes but last night I found a fab button under tools. 'INPRIVATE BROWSING'. I used it and not one thing showed up in the history afterwards. I was looking at tattoos, which I occassisonaly think of having, and he'd flip. What the head doesnt see the heart cant grieve over. :o

Fab! I'm off to look for that button!