Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sound Lotto Game

Guest heleng

We need to update our sound lotto games (not phonics), any suggestions of where to buy some?

The Early Learning Centre doesn't have any and nor does the local toy shop. We would like ones where the children listen to the sound and then identify what made it from a selection of pictures- lotto style. So may be animal noises or transport noises, for example.

Any ideas or recommendations please.

These normally turn up in the usual horrid catalogues we have been discussing on a different thread. i have one with animal noises , farm noises, and nursery rhymes, we had one with a variety of noises from sneezes to tractors unfortunately it was on tape and one of our little darlings decided to play knitting with it.

On a slightly different track, are there any ways to make your own, e.g. with downloads of sounds & graphics? I was just thinking it could be customised that way.

sound games gives a few which are a lot cheaper . we had the 'crash bang wallop' one and a couple of others from orchard toys.

like others the lovely tape one which was really good ended up as knitting... suppose children don't see tapes any more. think it was curiosity value !

Inge

I have 2 which I bought from a car boot sale and the other from a charity shop. Not much good if you need one immediately,but always worth keeping an eye out here. I just love trawling the charity shops - drives my other half mad, but it's amazing what you can pick up.

Harricroft

we got ours from a charity shop too and one from a parent. why not ask your parents if they have any they don't want? we always add a few bits like this on a newsletter it usually gets results especially just before Christmas when they are making space for new toys. We even have one mum who brings us things in from jumbles and charity shops on her travels.

sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)