Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hibernating Stories

not hibernating, but I think there is one called Winter Hedgehog, I always found it a little long to read to pre school, but might be o.k. to read at home. My favourite is The Prickly Hedgehog my Mark Ezra. A baby hedgehog loses his family on his first outing - as he walks about trying to find them, all sorts of lovely berries and chestnuts fall down and stick to his spines, so when he is reunited he has a little feast for them stuck to his back. There is Hodge the Hedgehog by Kate Petty which talks about Hodge hibernating and where he would go, but then talks about him searching for food in someone's back garden and what things they leave out for him to eat.

Have just had a look on Amazon. There is a new book out also called Hodge the Hedgehog can't think it is the same story at all.

My copy is a Sainsbury-Walker book by a completely different author! Found it on Amazon after all, but you need to put in Kate Petty and a long list of her books come up, this one is on about page 4! Some copies cost 1p, shame about postage.

Edited by Panders

Another good hibernating story is called When will it be spring? - this is about a cub who needs to get to sleep but cant, keeps waking up, thinking it is spring mistakes different things he can see outside the cave for butterflies etc. and wakes up mummy bear - and eventually when spring arrives and all the lovely things are there to see he falls asleep!

A little bit of winter. Sorry I can't remember the author. It's about a rabbit and a hedgehog. THe hedgehog doesn't know about winter so the rabbit saves him a bit - a snowball.

'Smith, the lonely hedgehog' by Althea - may be out of print

'Whoever's heard of a hibernating pig?' by by Eleanor Taylor and Shen Roddie - great fun, lovely pics too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)