Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incident - Where To Log It

Hi - I have recently adapted policies from PLA - and upon reading them I can't see where they say you log an incident ie "when a child hurts another, hit bite etc" - we have had a incident book to log them and monitor, but it seems to say in the pla policies that this information is logged into children's personal files.

What do you all do

Thanks for replies Dot :o

I used to have a file for each child, in it the childs registration form, Invoice info, plus a copy (original kept in accident/incident book) of all accident and incidents reports, including injuries on arrival etc. Also held letters from parents, other agencies etc. We would make an index at the front of each file, this enabled us to see easily if there were any patterns of incidents/accidents etc.

Peggy

I have an incident book too (like everyone else, it seems). Mine is in the same format as my accident book but different coloured pages when I photocopy.

Hi All - thanks for replies - we will continue as same theme as everyone else by using an incident book - I just wondered if something had changed and I was not aware of.

:oxD Dot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)