Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Was Your Day?

blondie

started back today -like many of you -seems like you have never been away doesnt it?

did anything make you want to laugh , cry or scream (or all three today)

we had a new child start today -mum didnt and wouldnt stay with them even for a few minutes - the type that you are now a big boy and get on with it now you are at pre-school type. anyway he was fine for a minute or two then started to cry - this got louder and louder until he was really going for it - i was about to phone mum when suddenly he was sick (probably because he got himself so worked up) anyway - with that he said "i'm alright now" and off he went to play and we never had another tear from him and he ended up having a great time !!!

Edited by blondie

Oh blondie!!!

Glad to say we didn't have anything like that! :(

My 'newbies' were great - tears from one but only because he fell and grazed his poor little back during outdoor play :o

Tears though from one of my 'big boys' :wacko: he had taken to needing a lot of adult attention at the end of last term - I had really hoped that this was a 'passing phase' but apparently not xD:( Hmmm........will have to give this some thought!

Beautiful weather here today..........isn't it always the case when we go back to work! :(

Sunnyday

It always feels like you just had a few days off, i couldnt belive how quick the morning went, and it was really quiet with out the big ones there! I must admit im glad to be back to the norm!

today I went to a big lottery fund meeting at a local voluntary action group told us our options and I think we will try for a bid. went to lunch out never normally do this then a quick shop round a local store. then I saw what I have been searching for , there was just 6 of them shinning and looking inviting at last some tea bag squeezers out come the peas and the pasta tomorrow job well done.

I lead a very sad life or so my colleague said when I wouldn't stop talking about my find for half an hour.

I personally had a good day and not a child in sight.

sue

A very calm day......only real tears were when two children went home!.

One was pick-up early- she screamed the place down saying 'I don't want to go home'

The other - at the end of the session when her parents arrived she laid outstrected, face down on the floor and grapped hold of a memeber of staff by the ankles saying she wanted to stay with us!!

Made us feel good -mind you, things may change when they realise that have to keep coming back!!!

xxxx

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Dare I say that having worked for most of the summer I now have 2 weeks leave and am off on my hols (Yes Maz... Again!) on Friday for a week!!

Hi All,

I have had a lovely day at work - so nice to have a wonderful bunch - even though those who left were wonderful a few were rather challenging so I am enjoying a little bit of quiet time............................... enjoyed a glass of wine this evening and watching the doc on channel 4 about the twin towers - so very sad to of gone through that, feel rather happy to be alive this evening Dot

Evening!!

Well my day started with a tantrum before school (James not me!! :( ) and then home and a quick tidy up before making myself presentable for my interview this morning!!

It was my first interview for a childcare postion as I only completed my Level 3 in June and I have to say I felt it went well!

When I got there, I discovered that the owner was a girl I went to school with and knew it was me and was just waiting for me to walk through the door to prove to her colleague it was right. Had I been nervous, which I'm surprised to say I wasn't, they would have put me at ease straight away, lovely folk!!

The setting itself looks wonderful (having been able to walk through the door as opposed to dropping off my application form at the door) and I think it would be a very nice place to work

Then on to the post office to tax the car and then on to the 50p shop to buy bits and pieces for my 'lucky dip' bag. Of course by the time I got back to the car my feel were killing me as I was wearing heels for the first time since christmas!! :o:(

Then just enough time to tidy a bit more before collecting James from school, only to discover he had homework!! xD:( Not a problem I hear you all say, but the homework was double what he was getting last year with a full page of create your own sentences using a particular word and we had fun with him last year every Tuesday when he had to write just 2!! Looking at the homework book, we will have a page of these every night along with a page of sums, never mind his reading book!! She could at least have broke him in gently!! :wacko: xD There was the space of 40 minutes for him to do this homework and me having to leave him round to my parents before I went to work!! It was fun to say the least!

The rest of the day was uneventful, Tescoland and now home and some farming and mousehunting before bed!!

Well I have been back since middle of last week. First day was a training day then the rest of the week was working with the children. I am enjoying it and feel like I am settling in well. although I feel at times I don't talk enough to the children, which doesn't seem to feel like me at all. Maybe the last year has affected me in someway. I am also learning a different phonics programe which is interesting and may help my dysliexia. :o I also forgot to say that I feel like (for a change) being inducted properly by shadowing others in the school to understand the way they teach/take observations/model behaviour etc.

Also back at adult education college (didn't want to go back to 'my' college on an evening) to do my GCSEs Maths and English. I will get a C or above!!! Its the first week there mainly talking about the course etc. One thing that will feel strange (in a good way) is that its only 2.5 hours per week homework for maths and possbily 2.5 hours for English too. So used to doing far more hours than that! lol

Beth

Edited by beth1

Guest MaryEMac

Only 2 newbies yesterday but one is "hyperactive" according to mum. She's right, we daren't take our eyes off him :o . We have an indoor wooden climbing frame which stands about 4'6ins, he stood on the top rung and jumped off ( landing appropriately !!). He climbed the ramp on the play equipment outside horizontally and ran down the climbing wall. Mum is concerned that our fence will not contain him as he climbed a 6' fence panel to see what they were doing. xD. Think it could be an eventful year.

Mary