Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health & Safety

Cait

I got mine from the Health and Safety Executive website here - it says you can continue to display your old poster until April 2014. They have two versions available - standard version costs £7.34 and the semi-rigid version costs £11.75.

As far as I can recall they don't charge postage, but don't quote me on that!

Maz

Yes, comes to 7.34 with the postage from the consortium

Do they have a minimum order Cait? I remember trying to register with them for an account ages ago and they rejected me because I didn't spend enough!

How rude!

Maz

Ooooh let me tell you about the Consortium!!! I am cross with them!! As I am an Early Years setting I can't order from the Consortium catalogue - only the early years one. But they charge postage with early years. I phoned to complain and was told that the early years catalogue offers a lot of products at cheaper prices and they have designed the early years catalogue with products that early years settings need, in other words trying to guess what my setting requires! There are lots of products which the early years catalogue doesn't stock that consortium does but they wont send me a consortium catalogue!

So I tag my order on to my local schools order.

Got my H&S poster from HSE themselves.

Rant over

ppp

Do they have a minimum order Cait? I remember trying to register with them for an account ages ago and they rejected me because I didn't spend enough!

How rude!

Maz

yeah, that is rude! I registered with them a while ago but not bought anything before till just now. I just bought the poster, nothing else

I tried to order through them a couple of years ago and was told that as a sessional pre-school which we were at the time I could not register because of inflexibility of delivery. Crossed them off my list. We just got ours from County Council Supplies.

Keeping us off topic here - I also would like to rant about the Consortium. I managed to open an account with them as I can be in our sessional pre-school for more hours than we are open if I am expecting a delivery. But when I tried to order my 4 items only one was coming up on the website. I called to ask about the others and they wanted me to order the one item and then ring to see if I would be able to add the others by phone. But I only wanted to order if I could order all 4 from one place and save p+p. I tried to explain but they were insistent on doing it this way so I canceled my basket and ordered from somewhere else. Makes you wonder if they want customers really.