Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staffing Differences

Hi everyone and hope you all have a good productive Autumn 1. i am in a difficult predicament in that my job sharer (deputy head) is ignoring me most of the time due to an issue we had about children copy writing sentences when they don't even understand what they have written. This happened last April . I love my school and my job and have been to the head (not interested) and may now have to go to the union. I feel so angry and frustrated as it seem that she rules the school. I feel if I leave she has won. Have tried talking to her and went into a vitriol. Has anybody else sufferend this kind of behaviour?

Hi everyone and hope you all have a good productive Autumn 1. i am in a difficult predicament in that my job sharer (deputy head) is ignoring me most of the time due to an issue we had about children copy writing sentences when they don't even understand what they have written. This happened last April . I love my school and my job and have been to the head (not interested) and may now have to go to the union. I feel so angry and frustrated as it seem that she rules the school. I feel if I leave she has won. Have tried talking to her and went into a vitriol. Has anybody else sufferend this kind of behaviour?

Hi sachajad, welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first post is such a sad one. Have you got an early years advisor who can come and help? I can really sympathise with you and hope you get things sorted quickly

Hi sachajad, welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first post is such a sad one. Have you got an early years advisor who can come and help? I can really sympathise with you and hope you get things sorted quickly

thank you for your kind words, I may use that tatic.

hello and welcome to the forum. as cait says is there anyone else you can turn too? It is a hard situation and although not the same i left my job eventually after issues with a staff member could not be resolved - as it wasnt worth my health!!! - also now (jobless) i wish i hadnt!!!!

I do hope you can resolve it - take care xxxx :o

She sounds very unpleasant! But maybe she is feeling challenged with your more up to date knowledge?? When you say job share is she perceived as the major stakeholder in the class - ie you cover her class while she is on management time? That can make it very hard too. I would talk to union though as this is bullying behaviour and shouldn't be acceptable and she should have greater integrity and professional/emotional intelligence to just GET OVER IT!!!!!

Cx

Hi and thank you all for yr advice. I feel that I'm really being listened to. I am the major stakeholder if you like as I do the 3 days. I've done many jobshares, and am so laid back i'm practically horizontal. However because I feel so riled I have uncharacteristically had to become really assertive with her and make my voice heard. ( which for me is a good thing). However as you say it is so unprofessional and I have warned my head any more and that I will be calling in the union. Other people have had to leave because of her. I'm there because I love children and teaching not to compete. Its sad when it gets like this.

People have said ignore her and do the job best you can, but she still bugs me.