Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Encouraging Talking

Hi,

I an interested in making some little boxesto encourage 'talk' and comunication.

I've thought of a Magig bag with wands, spells a cape or two and a black cat.

Has anyone got any ideas for any more boxes which I could get my mums group to be getting along with?

Thanks a lot

Sunshine

we had a puppet and pictures or object to give to him... ours was a rather loud squawky parrot who would ask for items to be given, you can use any items and perhaps a suggestion sheet on how to use it... children loved chatting to him and giving him items.

positional language box using a small chair or bed to put items in on under next to etc.. or a box to do the same with also use a small and big of same item for size

Skittles and a ball and pictures, put the pictures under the skittles and roll the ball when you knock one over you take about the picture found under the skittle... ours were a child washing hands, putting shoes on, putting coat on or off, etc.

is that the sort of thing?

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)