Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mplc License

For some years now I have been paying £35ish per year for a license to show dvd's etc in the nursery. We hardly ever do this now and I am wondering if we need this license or not. The kind of dvd's we would play are the Dave Benson Phillips Makaton Rhymes and then not very often.....

Thanks.

where my husband works they have to have one if more than one person can hear or see the radio or t.v. as it is considered to be public use.

killowengirl

I believe the cost depends on the number of children you have. We don't have one as we don't show DVDs or have a TV at Preschool

Edited by Cait

hi, we are a nursery registered for 52 full day care, we have an mplc licence that cost us £141.45 to allow us to play dvd,s plus we have a Performing Rights Society licence that cost us £49.75 to allow us to have the radios on in the rooms. I did check with trading standards if they were both required and legite, and they said they were and that as the children were classed as paying customers we needed to have them. More expense, sigh!

Raich

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)