Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Temporary Contract Help Please?

How is everyone, hope you are all having a good "holiday"

I've been mega busy having been told 2 weeks ago that my only other level 3 is leaving and won't be back in september so we've managed to advertise, hold interviews and successfully take on another member of staff. I've also enrolled to start my foundation degree in september along with changing almost everything from self registrations to buying new furniture lol.

Anyway what I was wondering is if anyone has any examples of a temporary contract please? The lady we have taken on will be on a 1 month trial so I'm assuming we need a seperate contract rather than our usual "permanent" contract?

if anyone has a template I could look at I would be most grateful. I have searched for "temporary contract" but have come up with nothing - unless i'm doing it wrong xD

Thank you in advance :o

Doesn't your permanent contract say something like "subject to a successful probation period" or similar, I know that I nor any of my staff have a separate contract, we just had to have a successful probation period and references

i agree -our contracts also mention a statutory 1 month probation period - new staff are made aware of this verbally and in the letter offering them the position. we usually have an 'appraisal' after the probation period and chat to the staff memebr about how things have gone etc.

im not sure if you can offer someone a permanent position -then give them a temporary contract ? we have used temporary contracts just for staff who are with us to cover a busy period etc.

In the past we have added an extra clause in our standard contract to the effect that this contract is for a term of employment starting on ... and ending on... and giving a date when any extension to the contract may be discussed and mutually agreed.

Maz

hi Mrs.Bat, at my pre-school, I take staff on subject to a probation period, only at the end of that time if I am happy with all our researches and induction do I offer a contract to that person. You wouldn't need a temp contract to cover the probationary period as long as you discuss what a person can and cannot do during your induction period and that is written into your induction procedures.