Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Banking

Does anyone use online banking and are a sessional charity registered pre-school?

I use it all the time for my personal banking and my husbands business. it makes life so much easier and I would love to be able to do for work. I just cant see anyway of making it work, it would make life a lot easier for paying bills, checking account balance etc. How do you get around the two signature thing though? I suppose what I would like would be for me, manager, & our Treasuruer to be able to acces our account online to do all the above, however my husband has just pointed out how could we be sure that the Treasuuer was accessing the account on a secure and/or clean connection. I know mine is- well as much as you can know- but I suppose even if our current Treasuuers connection was ok, then we coudn't guarantee the next ones would be.

Hmm, have I just talked myself out of it....... Sorry really I'm just putting my thoughts down on paper to sort through them!! I suppose there would have to be certain amount of trust between us but that is already there as if they wanted to abuse the accounts, they could do it anyway.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

I was thinking of this exact thing yesterday too. I also came to the same conclusions regarding safety.

The way we all do it now i.e. cheques and paying in books etc means we have a definite paper trail which we wouldnt have if we did online banking and in the event of us resigning our roles and others taking over, what if they arent as honest as we know ourselves to be? It would be lovely not to have to trapse up the bank and fiddle about getting 2 signatures but I really think its the best way. :o

we too looked and said no... ok for current treasurer but next one?

who knows, we have had a one who have not paid own bill for childcare and no one was really aware until they left. easy to hide if you know how...

and another put all in a box for 3 months until the bank asked why we had no deposits for so long! you still have to go to bank to pay in the money... so not really very much more work to do the cheques at same time.

our treasurer just arranged a regular time and day each week to met for cheques to be sorted out, signed etc..

Too easy to be accused of fraud and misappropriation of funds without the double checks...

i know some do use it ..we decided far too risky for person doing it..

Inge

we use online banking in my setting - but mainly for wages -consortium are set up as a company that we are able to pay , and its useful for checking statements etc.

i think if the comittee are sensible and have regular meetings with the treasurer then things should be kept above board.

in my setting the chairperson also has copies of the monthly bank statements so they are able to check whats coming in and going out.

We are the same as ROLYMO - we use on-line for paying wages and in September we are giving parents the option of paying fees directly as well.

Payments of invoices are still done via a cheque with 2 signatures.

Copies of our bank statement go to Chair and Secretary, for security.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)