Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

High/scope!

Hello all!!

I am applying for a job at the moment and have had a look online at the personal specifications.

In the 'desirable' section it mentions a knowledge/experience of Highscope!

I have looked at the highscope website online, but was wondering if any of you have any personal experience of this and also your thoughts on it!

Any comments gratefully appreciated.

Hope I have posted this in the right area, if not feel free to move it!

Many thanks

Siobhain

Hi Mummyspud.

I can vaguely remember doing some High Scope stuff for my ADCE some years ago. I'll see if I can find the textbook and post the name for you if you like. I've no direct experience of it but I seem to recall that it originated in America.

Peggy has a mantra and now so should you, spud. It should be "no question is a stupid question!". Repeat after me!

The only thing I really remember about High/Scope is "Plan, do, review" which is where you plan with children what they are going to do, provide them with resources and support to enable them to do it, and then review what they have done/learned after they've done it. I know it is more complicated and involved than that, but that is what sticks in my mind!

campbells is High/Scope trained so I shall email her and get her to come and give you some much better information about it than I can!

Good luck with the job!

Maz

I can't find it, it must be down the road. But yes, 'plan, do, review' sounds very familiar! I just looked on Amazon and there's quite a few books on there -some at silly prices too! But as Maz suggests, contacting someone who is High Scope trained will give you a better idea than reading a book anyway. I hope campbells is around!

many thanks for the link!!!

Will have a good look through once I get my interview over and done with on Monday morning!!

Am about to fill in the application form online now!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)