Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goodbye Songs

Hi we sing goodbye everyone, goodbye everyone, good bye everyone, it was nice to see you here. We do the actions along with it.In the morning we sing to the same tune, Hello everyone, hello everyone, hello everyone its nice to see you here.

Dorinda

now it time to say goodbye to all our friends

its time to say goodbye to all our friends

its time to say goodbye, its time to say goodbye

its time to say goodbye to all our friends.

then we shake hands with each child in turn singing goodbye, ?? goodbye ?? goodbye?? and goodbye ???to then we sing i again with the other children

We sing:-

the clock says tick tock, the clock says tick tock, the clock says tick tock, its time to say goodbye

Good bye [child 1], goodbye [child 2], goodbye [chld 3], its time to say goodbye

then we repeat this, saying goodbye to each group of three children until we have gone round the circle.

Maz

we sometimes sing and old sunday school one (substitued the word sunday school for Preschool)

preschool now is over

and we are going home

good bye,

good bye

we'll all be kind and good

its a traditional tune but I cannt think what its called (something like now the days is ended)

we sometimes sing and old sunday school one (substitued the word sunday school for Preschool)

preschool now is over

and we are going home

good bye,

good bye

we'll all be kind and good

its a traditional tune but I cannt think what its called (something like now the days is ended)

Now the day is over, night is drawing nigh - that one?

My Mum had a nursery and her children sang this (to the tune 'goodnight ladies')

goodbye children, goodbye children, goodbye children, it's time for you to go

and they replied

goodbye teacher, goodbye teacher, goodbye teacher, it's time for us to go

Now the day is over, night is drawing nigh - that one?

yeah thats the one but the "good bye's" are sung to a slightly different tune to make them fit

Im not sure we sing the right last line either poetic licience Im sure someone can think of something better

We sing: "Goodbye Sally, Goodbye Sam, Goodbye Henry it's time to say Goodbye,

Goodbye Amy, Goodbye Ella, Goodbye James it's time to say goodbye"

" " " "we'll see you all next time"

etc it's to the tune of "Nice on Cyril, Nice one Son, Nice one Cyril lets have another one" - football song, I have no idea where the real 'tune' is from - any ideas?...you can mess about with the rhythmn to make is sound ok...... :oxD

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone,

Following on from the last useful posting, about "hello" songs, does anyone know any "goodbye" songs for Reception, to round off the day nicely?

Thanks, Rosie

Hi Rosie,

we sing 'we've had a lovely day at school,

and now it's time to say,

goodbye until we meet again,

go safely on your way...go safely on your way...go safely on your way'

The last line gets quieter as we sing it.

There is also a good example of an hello/goodye song in 'Time To Fly' by Out of the Ark Music.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)