Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stage Role Play

Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you fantastic people would have any ideas for creating a 'Stage' role play area? I am thinking along the lines of 'come and be a star.... ' with pop star/musical resources (inflatble guitars, flashing lights, disco ball, music et.) mixed with a hollywood theme i.e. direct a music video? win oscars for the best video etc. Any ideas? I have had the intital thought and now trying to expand it a little......

Thanks

Tinky :o

how old are your children?

we did something similar for our nursery children -red curtains for the 'stage' (hung on some curtain wire in a corner) dressing up clothes to change into, musical instruments,microphones, dressing table for the dressing room area, seats for the audience, refreshments area, we made one of those little tray things that hang around your neck with snacks in to sell at intermission , ticket booth.

they really enjoyed it.

we did something similar for our nursery children -red curtains for the 'stage' (hung on some curtain wire in a corner) dressing up clothes to change into, musical instruments,microphones, dressing table for the dressing room area, seats for the audience, refreshments area, we made one of those little tray things that hang around your neck with snacks in to sell at intermission , ticket booth.

they really enjoyed it.

They are foundation, so 4 and 5 year olds. I love these ideas, they are great! Was getting a bit confused about which direction to go in as I was trying to do pop stars/stage but I also have a film crew set with caps, clapper board, directors chair, oscar awards, hollywood stars, red carpet etc. Do you think it will confuse them to mix the 2? or am I thinking too much about this!!! :o

I think the "hollywood" resources would make a good enhancement once they are used to the "pop star" stuff, you could

help them to begin to move it all on a pace.

i think thats a good idea, go through the auditions first, then the performance / film - then you could develop if futher the next week by adding in the 'hollywood' theme when they have become fully fledged superstars ! sounds fab !!

they really enjoyed it.

I could have written that myself, we did this exact same thing in our pre-school room a few months ago. Children had a wail of a time, they really really did! We had tickets to sell and masks too, the children made lots of different masks, we also had scripts, well pictures in sequence of their favourite stories so they could recreate them.

Have fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)