Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ou Ezl 123

Help!!!!!!!!!!

just finished reading all the stuff for this course. I have spent all morning trying to gather notes to start essay. Where do I start can anyone give me a couple of sentances to give me an idea of what to write. Also finding i difficult to find references. I really do not think I can do this.

Now, Buttercup, of course you can do this - if I can, anyone can, believe me! I find if I just make a start waffling, it eventually starts to flow, then I tweak.

What is the essay about - I wonder if it's the same as one I did (E123)

I may be wrong but isn't Ezl 123 the apel course where you bypass all the assignments and just do the project at the end way back when i looked at this route but decided against it as it could not be counted towards the level 4 qual certificate in early years practice.

Is the project the assignment that you need help with??

I may be wrong but isn't Ezl 123 the apel course where you bypass all the assignments and just do the project at the end way back when i looked at this route but decided against it as it could not be counted towards the level 4 qual certificate in early years practice.

Yes you are right Belle06 there are no assignments in EZL123 well just one 3000 word one at the end. The course is now in it's last presentation and is being replaced by a 60 point APEL route course.

E123/124 have been amalgamated into one new 60 point course (can't remember the new course code!) so looks as though they are doing the same with the EZL courses.

I think the content of the required assignment must be some kind of 'overall' one covering the content that we did during E123.

If you let us know the title or some detail Buttercup there are lots of OU students past and current who I am sure will be happy to help :o

E123/124 have been amalgamated into one new 60 point course (can't remember the new course code!)

It's E100, Geraldine. We have a couple of colleagues who are starting it in October - the bug's catching!! By the way, have you seen the great poem written to celebrate the 40th birthday of the OU?

Yes, Buttercup, Geraldine's suggestion iro detail is a good one - there are certainly lots of us here and happy to help :o

Sue

still updating polices instead. Will have to look at it again tommorrow. Yes it is the essay just do not know where to start.

I am doing the EZL123 and ZL124 via the OU. Finished reading the Topic Studys for EZL123 and just started doing the written work, actually finding it ok. The details are - Part 1 My practice and professional development (500 words)- Just about what you do and where you want to go - need to link to the learning outcomes - I started mine with "I have been in my current role for since.... "

Part 2 is spilt into 6 sub sections -

a) Childrens learning and learning thru play (500 words)

:( Prinicples of Policy and Practise (400 Words)

c) Theories and Research that underpin practise (400 words)

d) Curriculum Frameworks and assessments (400 words)

e) Childrens status, welfare and learning (400 words)

f) Working with parents and inter-professional collaboration.

Not sure if some of you have studied this before ? - as said finding it ok at the moment, but know where to come if i get stuck :oxD:(

Edited by davolako

Hiya,

Really struggling with part 2b of this assignment ...

"Principles pf Policy and Practice" - provide evidence that you about recent and relevent key policy developments in the care and education of young children. You should demonstrate that you understand and can articulate the principles underpinning at least 2 recent policy developments, and show how you translate thsese into practice in your setting"

Can't even think of any policy developments, think its a case of looking at it to long !!!

Any advice would be really appreciated -

Many Thx xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

stuck too looking for inspiration have been on ou website but no one seems to be on it. Went back through archives looks like it is things like sure start and then someone metioned using one of their polices such as behaviour management. I must be on the wrong line as i thought it meant polices that sure start etc had introduced.

what do you think?

have had no children today so could concentrate on this. not got very far and have to pick them up in two hours. Am beginning to worry that I cannot do this.

angela

stuck too looking for inspiration have been on ou website but no one seems to be on it. Went back through archives looks like it is things like sure start and then someone metioned using one of their polices such as behaviour management. I must be on the wrong line as i thought it meant polices that sure start etc had introduced.

what do you think?

have had no children today so could concentrate on this. not got very far and have to pick them up in two hours. Am beginning to worry that I cannot do this.

angela

Have done this part now, I used Sure Start and The Children Act and put how their policies have affected - didn't mention our policies at all.

Keep going buttercup, it does all fall into place !!! - have now started EZL124, back to the reading again which I find really boring !

Good Luck xxx

sorry stuck again thought i had it sussed. on 2c theories and research

chose piaget and vygotsky for a with schema and heuristic as th research as i thought these linked to play quite well.

i then look at c and choose emilla and steiner for thories and start looking for research but cannot find anything and am questioning whether schema and heuristic are right for research.

please help will be glad when this bits over.

angela

sorry stuck again thought i had it sussed. on 2c theories and research

chose piaget and vygotsky for a with schema and heuristic as th research as i thought these linked to play quite well.

i then look at c and choose emilla and steiner for thories and start looking for research but cannot find anything and am questioning whether schema and heuristic are right for research.

please help will be glad when this bits over.

angela

No worries,

I used Piaget (Theory) and Schema (Research - uising Chris Athey)

also Monterssori (Theory) and Reggio Emilia (Research), but you could use Vygotsky and heursitic - I am using those for EZL124 though .

Not sure if this correct ? Must admit I did find it hard to stick to just 400 words. !!!

Good Luck xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)