Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ranting Again

Ok Folks and I apologise for this at a time of year meant to be Ho, Ho, Ho etc BUT....

Having just applied for UPS3, I haven't got it. I don't really mind, the extra cash would have been nice, but hey - ho. No what I'm absolutely seething about are some of the reasons given and phrasing on the feedback form

'some questions over teamwork in the Primary Department 2003-4 now resolved and improved upon' My Head said that this was finished and a line drawn under it over a year ago, Improvrments in teaching environment in My class not necessarily sustained. To this I take great exception as I have been trying to improve it as a learning environment this term and it is on eof the best classrooms in the school! And it is not just mine, but my jobshare partners too, and I have apparently not improved as much professionally as I could have in the past year! Well, it's not for want of trying . I have been asking for 4 years to teach in a class lower down the school so that I could do reearch for my MA and develop professionally, but each time it's refused.

I give up and my legs ache relly badly and I don't want to go in tomorrow or ever again.

Thanks for the rant

Kate :o

:o I'm sorry Kate you didn't get the UPS3.. I hope it helped to let off steam a bit... may I suggest a bubble bath and a glass of wine too !

Don't let it get you too downhearted as my Mum always says these things are sent to try us... which probably doesn't help !

I think it's a common problem not to feel appreciated or understood ! ... and being shattered doesn't help !

have a lovely Christmas holiday... come back refreshed and think... I'll show them !!! Go for it Girl !

:D

oh Kate, I do sympathise.

My own progression to UPS3 has been halted by my resignation and new status as Supply Teacher, so I'm not really aware of the process this year but I did understand that it should be through the performance management process in place in your school.

My ex-colleague is still waiting to hear if she has been progressed or not but she does not seem to be aware of the proceedures either!

Last time we had to prove to our head that our performance was substantial and sustained and she required us to verbally present our case.

The whole process of course has changed radically from when it was first proposed and although I know there is some sort of allowance paid via the LEA, I wonder whether the budgetting has changed radically too?

Can you get any advice from your union on this one?

:oxD what is this UPS3?

I'm really sorry yu are having trouble at school.

This is just the place for yu to rant and rave about it bec we can understand how it is you feel.

Have a glass of wine and chill out.Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

cheers

priya

You must contact your union immediately. The likelihood is that you are begin refused because of budget constraints. As long as you meet the criteria you met when you crossed in the first place you should have gone through. The criteria have not changed for this year but will next. As long as you have shown progress towards your performance management targets- you don't have to have met them all, then you should go through. I repeat ask your union for advice.

Enjoy the wine and enoy the rant!

Oh Kate :o

I haven't got a clue what you're all talking about but I wanted to add words of support. Is there some sort of appeals process?? xD Surely you should be involved in the assessment of your performance? If you believe that you have been treated unfairly then make a complaint of some sort - we're all behind you. :D

HI

Thanks for all your support and kind comments :(

I had to prove to my Head (as we all did) that we were suited for this next meve as it is alot more of a senior position. I don't give enough commitment outside my teaching to other parts of the school according to my Head and that is why I have not got it. But you try working part time around a five year old's school hours and then doing all the work at home and be expected to contribute to the school (my head I'm talking to not you lot ), and then find extra time. I chose to work part time because I didn't want to work full time and because my job is not my life.

Part time work is not the easy option, it's a necessary one in my case, but I believe that my Head does not consider us to be equal. Indeed, she told me upon another matter that she has to consider the needs of her fulll time staff over the part time staff :oxD:(

Anyway, time to chill out now, off to see my daughter be a snowman :D:D:D

Kate

my daughter was a naughty sheep...well the other 2 children were just sheep, but my little one was obviously meant to be a naughty sheep because she was so different from the other two! lol On one day she rocked the cradle so hard that baby jesus must have felt very sick! She also decided to lie down and pretend to snore halfway through the key nativity scene. In this morning's performance she became "foreman sheep" and stood up and directed the other children onto the stage, pointing them where to go. Parents were laughing and I got the giggles.

I really feel for you Kate. Its sounds like the head is discriminating against you because you're part time to me. At least you can say you tried anyway. Have a lovely Christmas :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)