Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please With Planning And Eyfs

Hi all,

New to this site and even newer to the forum. Not even sure if this is where i should post but i'll give it a go and see what happens.

I moved to Ireland 4 years ago and am starting work in a special needs school. I will be working with children of various ages and of various disabilites, many of whom are working at a "pre-skills" level. Basically i need to be aiming my planning at Reception and/or KS1 level. I have been out of the English Education system a while and things are still quite backward here!! :o My new school has had to re-write some of it's own curriculum.

Don't know where to start!!!! I have downloaded the EYFS and have been on different websites (Primary Resources/ TES) and downloaded a few bits and bobs but can't really make head nor tail of it. What i'm looking for is a simple but comprehensive document of learning objectives for Early Years including Reception and Y1.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I'll be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Rachael

xD

Hi Rachaelmce and welcome to the forum and congratulations on making your first post, scary as it is, as we always say, I'm sure you will soon become addicted!

I think we would all love a simple, yet comprehensive document regard EYFS objectives. Personally, I'm not aware of any short cuts - there are posters available which give just the age group bands and the "goals" for those bands in each of the learning areas if that's what you mean, there may well be something on the resources section of the forum if you make a search entering a key word. Penny Tassoni's book called Practical EYFS Handbook is very useful too.

Not sure if I've been of much help, sure someone else will be along to help out soon. Once again, welcome to the forum.

Does this help at all? This is what we use, we write a mini observation alongside and date it. The colours are the 'age bands' with purple being the 8 -20months and bold black being the final ELG

OOOh sorry - and a very warm welcome to the forum too! I look forward to hearing all about your new setting in the months to come

Just_outcomes.doc

Edited by Cait

Just wanted to welcome you and agree that Penny Tassoni's Practical EYFS is really good..also you could forum search to get an idea of what everyone is doing - it comes down to a personal way of collating information from your team in the end...good luck...and keep asking, everyone here has something worth listening too. :oxD:(

welcome to the forum, Caits document is brilliant and will be a good start to your planning. Also the forum search will be very useful there is a whole range of planning techniques and ideas for you to look at and pick the one that works best for you. :o

Thanks everybody. Cait, thanks in particular to you, your document looks great and I'm sure it will be a great starting point. Gives me plenty to think about anyway.

Looking forward to discussing things on the forum.

Thanks again

Rachael

:o

Hi there, I worked in Ireland for a few years, on www.rainboweducation.ie you can order a CD rom entitled yearly scheme for infants, you'll find it under teacher planning, it details the content and objectives of the curriculum there for reception and year 1 equivalents, it may be of some use... xD

Hi all,

New to this site and even newer to the forum. Not even sure if this is where i should post but i'll give it a go and see what happens.

I moved to Ireland 4 years ago and am starting work in a special needs school. I will be working with children of various ages and of various disabilites, many of whom are working at a "pre-skills" level. Basically i need to be aiming my planning at Reception and/or KS1 level. I have been out of the English Education system a while and things are still quite backward here!! :o My new school has had to re-write some of it's own curriculum.

Don't know where to start!!!! I have downloaded the EYFS and have been on different websites (Primary Resources/ TES) and downloaded a few bits and bobs but can't really make head nor tail of it. What i'm looking for is a simple but comprehensive document of learning objectives for Early Years including Reception and Y1.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I'll be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Rachael

:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)