Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Miserable End To The Year

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

Playgroup finished for the year today but it sort of fizzled out. Swine flu reached the primary school on Tuesday and a lot of people panicked. In the early hours of wednesday morning I came down with a d and v bug. So at playgroup the chair and my deputy notified the parents that swine flu was in school and that I was off sick. I think people thought that I might have swine flu, so most of the children went home. For the rest of the week there were only 4 children at each session. Therefore there was no end of term celebration and I was stuck at home not even having the chance to say goodbye to the 2 leavers who stayed till the end. I really feel cheated. xD:o

Hope everyone else has a better end of term than I did.

Mary

Oh sorry to hear you had such a sad end to the year and am sending you virtual hugs and hope you are feeling better soon :o

Hopefully looking back over the many highlights througout the year may make you smile, sorry not much help really but didn't want to just 'read and run'

Take care of yourself xD

Edited by Geraldine

Poor you. Hope you're feeling better now. The swine flu thing is causing quite a lot of panic. We had a suspected case and parents kept their children away. It's a shame you missed out on the end of term fun - you'll have to party twice as hard next year to make up for it!!

We had a similar thing happen so we are rescheduling our end of term/leavers party for beginning of september. lets hope the swine flu fear has passed by then, our admin didnt turn up today because she was worried about travelling on the tube!!! just as well non of my conciensious child care staff took the same view :o (sorry bout the spellling just in from a night out but couldnt go to bed without logging in!)

Guest MaryEMac

Thanks all for your comments. I am feeling loads better and almost back to eating normally. All staff are in tomorrow morning to do paperwork for September and tidy up and the headteacher next door has invited me round to school for a cuppa, so it's not all bad.

Mary