Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am I Expecting Too Much?

End of term today, not even a 'thank you' from the committee

Oh dear. After everything's that happened this term, I think a 'thank you' is really the very least they could do!

Chin up P3 - we appreciate you even if they don't! :o

Maz

If I could write a list of everything I do for playgroup - they would either be stunned or think I'd made it up!

Thing is, I wouldn't know where to start!

:o

Six weeks holidays! I wish. I will have a rest for a few weeks and then will have to get ready like so mnay of you - all unpaid of course for September! Often think I should put down the real number of hours I work '

smiles

Edited by Smiles

Couldnt agree more, we went through a bad period, I was running the centre with 3 staff (yes 3) we are registered to have 42! I had to ask alot of the staff and use agency etc but we made it got a good ofsted and now have a full staff team. I hope the staff know how much I appreciate what they went through and put up with as I have been very vocal about and very flexible and generous withj TOIL etc because I think its the least I can do. Feedback from our board = 0

Hi there, no you're not expecting too much, but please don't forget that your committee members are completely unpaid and ridiculously overworked (well that's how I feel anyway). That doesn't excuse them not saying thank you, but it could just be an oversight?

I am still pondering how to thank my leader for all her hard work and dedication this year. I have a book that I want to give her with a personal message in it, but I don't want her to think it is required reading for over the holidays :o

I hope at least the children said thank you!

End of term today, not even a 'thank you' from the committee

:o

I know how you feel, the same happened to us,., however the thank you`s from the parents helped but sometimes you just need to feel appreciated by those that employ us. I`m sure you do a fantastic job, enjoy the break. After all Septembers another year and usually means another committee change.