Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wish Me Luck

aww, she's beautiful, love the name too. :(

Have you ever watched the dog whisperer programme? Cesar Milan is great with dogs and he's quite right when he says it's the owners who need training, the dogs just need rehabilitation. His ethos is about dogs being 'in the moment' in other words dogs will respond to commands, expectations of their owners 'at every moment' as long as the owner is calm/assertive and is basically the pack leader. Little things like you always walk through a door in or out of the house first, the dog follows. Any dog will 'act' the way the owner feels, ie if you are anxious, expecting her to bark, she will, if you are tense, the dog will be causing anxiety and possibly aggression, but is you are calm, relaxed the dog will be too.

Well I've waffled on a bit there. We are in the process of teaching our labrador benjie (age 3) to be a bit more assertive with our new puppy Beau (Patterdale Terrier age 3 mths). Benjie is so layed back and careful with Beau because she's so small it's lovely to watch them together. Beau does try to dominate Benjie, nipping at her shins and face, but now Benjie is using her paw to 'pin her down' into submission, and as she's getting older Benjie can pick her up by the loose skin on her neck. (in fact Benjies mouth fits right over Beau's whole head :o )

As others have said, even when it's raining dog walks are so theraputic and good for the figure too. xD

Cody may have a bit of an upset tummy due to the move, we used to foster dogs and found this the case with every new placement, best thing we found to help this is to give plain boiled chicken and plain boiled rice for a day or two, this helps the tummy settle.

Have fun and can't wait to see more pics, of which I bet you'll take hundreds of if you're anything like me. :(

Peggy

Cody has settled really well-it feels like she has been with us for ages. It is lovely to come home at lunch time and get that waggy tail greeting!!

Here are some photos of her.

post-99-1248205508_thumb.jpg

post-99-1248205535_thumb.jpg

post-99-1248205679_thumb.jpg