Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Improvement Plan

we are applying for funding and I need an improvement plan. Does anybody have one to share with me to get an idea how to set one up or a templete. Things you have to do just to get abit of money. All help will be greatly received. thanks

Hi Aussie

I don't know if this will help......I have an 'improvement plan' of sorts........it is simply a list. Started at the beginning of school year with a list of improvements/changes that I wanted to make ...... informed by ECERS and last Ofsted and the dawn of EYFS and things that I just felt needed tweaking/changing........it has worked well because you can see what we have achieved as the items have moved from 'To do' to 'In place'...all quite satisfying really!

So..... a list.....include what you want to improve, who will be responsible/or involved, timescale - if it's to support bid for funding - you could include ...resources needed and costs.

Hope this of some use

Sunnyday

thanks for your reply. I've looked at ways to improve our provision via the ofsted report but there is nothing in it to improve except about safety of chairs (we are in a hall and are unable to move these chairs anywhere) and about planning. we did suggest via committee meetings to make our bookcorner more appealing to children, to improve the outdoor with more play resources, and staff to do more training on language and communication.

now how would you say that to improve our bookcorner, outdoor, planning and training we would benefit having!

We are applying for a ICT grant. Otherwords how would ICT benefit the above four actions. Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

sorry to ask but I'm not good in writing words out.

thanks

There's is a relatively simple QI plan in the back of the EYQISP booklet which you can find

here

Its not a bad idea to have a QI plan of some sort rather than think of it as something extra to do in order to apply for funding. This would go hand in hand with your SEF if you have done one, but instead of ploughing through many pages, you would have your intended actions in a sheet or two, and can easily refer back to them to check progress.

just because all that was on your ofsted plan was chairs does not mean that is all that is needed if you reflect all the time you will find that things crop up even if they worked well one year may change the next because the children's needs change

we input ours onto an action plan sheet

this combined with your sef which is a working document should be ok

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)