Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Need To Shout And Scream!

sorry all but I just have to have a giant rant. There have been many issues at my current school, so much so I have had to leave as I just can't stand it any more. t seems to me that these last few weeks re being made particularly difficult for me. This morning after being off sick, I walked in to find the majority of the construction equipment have been taken by the FSL to sort and audit for September. When I queried this I was told that the children would manage and that I wasn't getting it back again! Just tell me how I am supposed to have self initiated learning in all areas if there's NO CONSTRUCTION!!!!! Arrrrrrrh. Everyday I think how can it get worse? And then yet another thing happens. Hate to think what the next thing will be. No good going to HT as she doesn't support me at all. Any ideas? Perhaps they will take the chairs next....or the children. That happened to another teacher that left! Help as I'm not sure I will make it to the last day!

Just paste that smile on your face and carry on - the clock is counting down!!!

You could ask all the children to bring boxes in and do some different types of construction

Sorry to hear you're having such a horrid time. Things are pretty bleak in my school at the moment, too. Really depressing atmosphere. At least we're miserable in the sunshine, though! And at least there is a bit of a countdown to help get you through. Have you got a new job to go to?

So sorry to hear what a horrible time you are having - just think its not that long to go now and as Cait said try to smile through it as this will probably annoy them more as maybe they are trying to provoke a reaction? That said - how much construction have you got - surely it wont take three weeks to audit that? I am FS leader in my school and wouldnt dream of taking things out of my teams classrooms - surely if she really does need to audit you only have to look? Chin up and try not to let them grind you down. Ems x

Sorry to hear you're having such a horrid time. Things are pretty bleak in my school at the moment, too. Really depressing atmosphere. At least we're miserable in the sunshine, though! And at least there is a bit of a countdown to help get you through. Have you got a new job to go to?

yes I do thank goodness and I can't wait!

So sorry to hear what a horrible time you are having - just think its not that long to go now and as Cait said try to smile through it as this will probably annoy them more as maybe they are trying to provoke a reaction? That said - how much construction have you got - surely it wont take three weeks to audit that? I am FS leader in my school and wouldnt dream of taking things out of my teams classrooms - surely if she really does need to audit you only have to look? Chin up and try not to let them grind you down. Ems x

I agree with you and the other teacher who is staying has still got all her stuff...odd isn't it? I thought I would do some fun stuff but we are meant to be doing a transistion project this week so I have planned to use some of the construction. I would do junk modelling but my box of junk has also mysteriously disappeared! Ah the joys.......................but I am determined to keep that smile plastered on.

we built some great walls one year when all the children were asked to bring in an empty tissue box

what a good idea. I am already conjuring upi lots of ideas to outwit them all!!! I can feel a fighting spirit coming on!!!!