Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am I A Little Too Specific?

OK I am out on a limb this is my planning - any good? Your comments please? I have recently tweaked the format and would like some feedback - good or bad, I can take it.......thank you. :oxD

WEEKLY_PLAN.doc

Edited by Guest

Private nursery, 2-4 year olds, small, purpose built - the plans are obviously flexible - free flow indoor and outdoor.

I like the way the plan looks.

I think lots of work has gone into it

But I don't think I could manage to keep that level of detail up all the time!

However I know our own planning needs really good TWEAK so what do I know eh????????!!!!

Crikey Shirel! - Wish my planning looked like that :(

My planning is virtually non-existant now - my EYAT advised that "your environment is your 'long term plan'" - so just have Continuous Provision Sheets displayed in room and in 'planning file' and then few details of 'enhancements' on daily 'planning list' and 'evaluations' on separate weekly sheet.

But what do I know :o EYAT seems happy with this ....... but haven't had Ofsted since the dawn of EYFS - so will have to wait and see what they say!

If I could 'keep it up' I would like to plan like you ....but i know I would never manage it! xD

Sunnyday

Idea is a good one but we too were very much like sunnyday and planning became a very much reduced part of our paperwork, with continuous provision and enhancements we found we could cover all areas very well daily, we had one for all areas as well as things like snack time, etc which were part of our daily routine. I adapted one we got from here which had things like unique child etc on it.

My one concern over planning is that by the time we came to do it , it was no longer the children's focus or they had changed it in another direction so it became irrelevant and time taken to do it became an issue as it had to be re written. or added to or changed so double the time taken for same plan.

we did have an ongoing observation sheet which became part of the continuous plans of a few columns with children names , current interest or something we spotted them doing and how we could extend this or help them , develop / move on / etc.. (not sure how to word this) we also added an area of learning to this, and usually it was followed up by the next day or many times same day.

Staff very slowly came to understand the concept, which took a very slow time to introduce a bit at a time, but by the time I left were enthusiastic about following up on the children in a very spontaneous way as they saw how the children became engrossed and enjoyed the things they offered, often with the child's suggestions.

If you can sustain the same level each week it may work for you, I know with everything else it would have become a chore I would try to avoid over time.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)