Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry But I'm Going To Have A Rant...

MrsWeasley

Okay, so the story starts a year ago. I finally convinced my dear mother that I should get a contract phone. So whilst taking out the contract the man tells us that if we take out the phone insurance I can cancel my contract at any time. Even telling my mum that if she bought her phone in she could cancel her contract and get a new one etc.

So a few months later I decided what I was paying for, and what I was actually using wasn't worth it. So we went in tothe shop and the man who sold me the contract got very nervous and asked us to come back later because he was busy. So off we went and when we came back... suprise suprise he'd gone! So anyway we were told that he was wrong, suprise suprise. But I could downgrade after 11 months of my contract.

So I have been eagerly waiting for 11 months of my contract to pass... and it's about it, in a couple of weeks I think.

So I called up the T-mobile people asking if he could give me some information about downgrading and what options I have. After the man telling me for 10 minutes that I was unable to make the changes myself due to it being in my mum's name, I told him that I hadn't wanted to downgrade now I just wanted information. So he then tells me that unfortunately since the terms and conditions changed I'm unable to downgrade until January. But if I like I can pay the early termination fee of £180.10 and cancel my contract. I'm seriously considering it, it's £100 cheaper than if I was to carry on with the contract so I'd be saving money in the long run. But in all honesty, I think I shall be leaving T-Mobile. :oxD Angry MrsWeasley!

Okay, rant over. I know mummspud had trouble with her phone recently, so atleast I'm not alone!

And now my pen won't work :(! haha

Edited by MrsWeasley

What about putting everything you wrote in your post in to a letter and sending it to T-mobile. Sometimes, written complaints are effective. It seems as though you have been mis-sold a product, I'm sure T-mobile will offer you some sort of deal that will save you money. I've been with Orange for 8 years and haven't experienced any problems.

:o

What about putting everything you wrote in your post in to a letter and sending it to T-mobile. Sometimes, written complaints are effective. It seems as though you have been mis-sold a product, I'm sure T-mobile will offer you some sort of deal that will save you money. I've been with Orange for 8 years and haven't experienced any problems.

:o

Good idea!

I've been on Orange breifly, and they were good for me. Only down side is that there's no Orange signal at my house! xD

Ah now your facebook comment makes sense!!

The only problem with ringing T-mobile and having a rant, is that they may tell you that the shop is bought as a franchise and although it operates as T-mobile, that there is nothing the people at the end of phone can do as they are a seperate company! Trust me I have been there and done that!

They may offer a change of contract, but I think it depends on who you get on the end of the phone!!

The same thing happened to me as you already know. The girl in the shop promised me the earth and surprise, surprise it didnt happen. :(

When I noticed that these discounts weren't on my next statement I range orange and he man I spoke to at customer services ended up changing my package (downgrading) to ensure that I had no additional costs when it came to using my blackberry to its full capacity!!

He said that he had plenty of phone calls like mine every day, where the people in the shop are either not fully clued in when it comes to what is needed for a particular phone, or just thinking of their commission and know that once they get you to take the phone and you walk out the door, there is nothing you can do about it!

He also told me that as far as he knows, none of these shops take phones back and offer refunds! :(

Word of advice to everyone who is thinking about buying a mobile phone (and this came from the man I spoke to at orange customer services, but applies to all mobile phone companys):-

where possible discuss your new contract with the people over the phone, do not arrange a new contract through a shop. They can offer you a better deal than any of the shops as they work directly for orange, t-mobile or whoever. Feel free to go into the shop and have a good look at the phone you are thinking of getting, but when it comes to getting the best deal/contract, ring up the company themselves.

I feel kinda stupid now as the last time my contract was up for renewal, I did ring orange and I got all sorts of discounts. The girl I dealt with in the shop assured me that I would keep these discounts. Of course I didnt!!!

Oh and if you are wondering how do you get the phone, they usually send it on a 24 hour delivery service, very efficient!!

I think I have just had a rant as well!! :oxD

I know I shouldnt say this but, whatever you do, dont go with 3!!

My sister, dad, brother and sister-in-law and a few friends are all with 3 and have had problems at one stage or another, they may be cheap, but you get what you pay for!

Sorry if this offends anyone with 3!!

And if you work for 3 and are reading this, these views are not the views of the foundation stage forum, just those of an individual who has had to try and sort out her fathers mobile phone since the end of May and is still no further forward!!! :o

My son had trouble with carphone warehouse giving him false info about a contract.

Pay as you Go can be a lot easier!

I think I'm more than likely to go back to pay as you go? About the only good thing I've got from my contract is that I've never been out of credit!

My mum was once having some problems with BT, and the magic thing that solved it was actually contacting BBC Watchdog and copying the letter to BT. The thing they most don't want is a big TV investigation into their wicked ways. Worth a try.

My day hasn't been entirely bad though, I bought Miley Cyrus tickets today. :(xD

But guess who may have to go with her since her friends all have better taste? :o

Maz

Just hought I would throw this one into the mix.

A friend was on t mobile and always complained I never replied to her texts, she had sent me one 2 days before needing a reply, we were sat together having coffee when I recieved a text message.. you've guessed it.. it was the one she sent 2 days before.. it was a regular thing... her texts always arrived 2 days after sending them...

Inge