Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In-tray Advice

Hi Everyone

I am being interviewed on Thursday for a QTS post at a Children's Centre. I have been told I will have an "In-tray" task to perform.

I have never heard of this before. It sounds very frightening!! Any comments to calm my nerves would be very helpful.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I am being interviewed on Thursday for a QTS post at a Children's Centre. I have been told I will have an "In-tray" task to perform.

I have never heard of this before. It sounds very frightening!! Any comments to calm my nerves would be very helpful.

Thanks

Hi Moorgate,

I'm afraid I am completely in the dark as to what this could mean. However, I noticed that you posted this topic in 'Introduce yourself' so I'm going to move it into the Children's Centre section of the forum where other folk may know what it is.

Good luck with the interview. :o

It is simple really when you know!

They give you an in try (may be real, but may be virtual) full of things to deal with. The idea is that you walk in to work in the morning with several things in the in tray on your desk and you have to prioritise, decide which things you can delegate, which you need to deal with etc.

You have to write your response about how you would deal with each item, in what order and perhaps what the underlying issues might be that need to be tackled.

Hope that helps!

Maz

PS I forgot to say :o Good luck with the interview! xD

Edited by HappyMaz

Thank you all for your responses.

Dasher you made me giggle, which is much needed with pre-interview nerves!!

I am intrigued :o – what kind of things are usually in the interview ‘in-tray’? Safeguarding issue, child under the table, parental concern that a child does not want to come to nursery- are these the types of issues?

Guest Wolfie

Yes, those are exactly the type of issues that might come up...with maybe a health and safety one thown in too!

Good luck with the interview Moorgate! :o

Well, as they say you learn something new every day. xD:o

I'd never heard of the 'In tray' interview technique before either.

Good luck if the interview is this Thursday, or if it was on the 2nd July, How did the interview go Moorgate?

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)