Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Corner

Hi We have some money to revamp our home corner as the units are falling to bits. Had a quick look through some books but everything looks like it will last two minutes (like most things these days). Has anyone recently bought any units for their home corner?

thanks

We have the Galt units or at least some form of them. Two warnings - they came flatpacked so screwdriver at the ready and they are not as robust as we thought they would be. The "wood" on ours seems to be mostly MDF so a quick swing too far on the door and it pushes back on its hinge and breaks off. I prefer the look of wood but I do think Little Tykes type stuff might be more up to the job. Plus after being kept in our horrible cupboards they could be cleaned better!

Hello

Although expensive - I would always recommend Community Playthings - their items are extreemly well made of real wood.

You have to look REALLY carefully at the full description in catalogues of items you want to be real wood, even to the extent of phoning and checking (I know it takes ages to get through to them!) because often the description says "wooden kitchen" when in fact it either has a thin wooden veneer of wood over chipboard (which can chip off) or as mentioned previously, is made from MDF (which is not designed to withstand a lot of water) - I've learnt this through experience of a Galt kitchen, I'm afraid their quality is not what it used to be - I've sent back a wooden garage which very quickly fell apart, and a wooden kitchen which was MDF and of a poor quality (and you don't want to know how long the return procedure took!) I must add however, in fairness, we did eventually get a replacement from Galt which is wood and so far is withstanding much use.

Good luck

Sam

Our home conrer stuff is made from real wood.

It is at least 12 and a hlaf years old, but was there before I arrived so add on a couple more years........

However I don't know where it came from so I suppose this isn't very helpful unless its to say that it would be worth investing in real wood.

As for community play things whist expensive, we have always found their stuff to be very good quality!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)