Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Ofsted have just been to our primary school, and i must say im toatally confused.

Over the last 6 months we have had the local authority in changing us into a foundation unit in line with the requirements from EYFS, child initiated activites, free choice to develop creative thinking, you get the idea!!!

Anyway the LA have told us we have done really well and should get 'good', BUT Mrs O has told us we need more structure, we have too much room ,the children are wandering about as we have not provided them with toys to play with,we shoud zone areas and structure their day by giving them several activtiy card each morning that they are expected to do.

We are all gobsmacked thats similar how we ran before, but were told the children had to have much more choice.

Now as you can imagine we dont know what were doing.Head is going to contact LA again.

Anyine else experienced something similar to this??? When we changed we knew ofsted were looming and we worried if we got someone who didnt appreciate the way nuresies are run, but apparantly she had early years expereince.

Sorry for the moan just really confused

Gill x

:o

Hmm, that IS confusing. I think contacting your LA is your best option. Bizarre.

Did she ask for your reasoning behind the way you are doing things to enable you to voice your views or did she make value judgements just based on her own criteria?

Yes, we had simlar. Don't think there has been enough moderation across all departments including LEA, OFSTED, Government etc, so everyone has different ideas about what EYFS means!!

Not much fun at all for dedicated teachers and no use whatsoever to te children going through EArly Years at the moment! :o

We told her we had recently changed our ways as advised by La, But tbh i dont think she was listening, nice lady but very set in her ways,!!

I had a similar experience when an Ofsted inspector didn't like the planning documents used by our childminding network. She gave me satisfactory because of them.

My network coordinator made a fuss on my behalf because the paperwork was from the NCMA. My satisfactory became a good shortly afterwards so it is worth challenging it.

Don't you just wish these people would learn some communication skills!!!

Have heard of the that recently, LEA said FS wasnt being run in the right way, OFSTED said good/ outstanding.

Our Governors have recently been on Ofsted training and they're frightened by the new proposals. Now they know how we feel!