Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resignation

Rea

Like signing on if I cant find a job... xD:(:(

Actually flunked out of telling staff today, feeling really cowardly. :o

Oh well they can take it, worked with me long enough to be able to cope with shocks :(

Thanks for your thoughts :):):)

Thinking of you... hopefully it will easier from now on... well eventually when the dust settles. Just hope you gave the real reason for leaving or at least tell them when u have left, or there will no way of improvement for those that follow.

Inge

Dear Rea

I'm sorry that things got so bad. I know we have had our winge before and ou have been worried about the proposed pre-school move into school. But ultimaltey your own health and well being is what is important and you must take care and make things better for yourself.

Well done that you have decided to make you the number 1. :D

There is life after resigantion. I went for an interview today and out of 8 candidates- i got the job!!!!! :D:D

So don't give up

Leo

Rea, Hopefully you will remain in the Early Years profession, maybe tutoring, which I think you've mentioned before, I loved it and miss it.

Keep us posted and now that weight is off your shoulders by writing it all down, be brave, pass your thoughts to those who need to know them.

Leo, congratulations, well done on your interview success :D

Peggy

:D 2 1/2 days in Yr 1 as part of a job share- initially for 2 terms but could go on. The school is 5 mins away so i can walk to school and the school is very keen to extend the foundation stage ethos into yr 1 :D

Congratulations Leo. Look forward to hearing how it is going once you start.

Sorry to hear you sad news Rea. We are all here when you want to have a moan, tear, or shout.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Love Tiny

Poor you,it will be tough and you will have many days when you think,was it right.

But you know it is!! Look to the future! My family said I was a different person when I gave it up!!Thinking of you! Good Luck!

I've done it. Gave chair the letter this morning. I drove home smiling so I know I've done the right thing. Will worry about the bills another day!

Choices from now on are

tutoring (really want to do this)

Paperwork for hubby's business (really want to do this????)

Sign on with an agency (thinking of money here)

The world is my oyster...plus NO MORE OFSTED :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest alisonjayne

Well done Rea and good luck with whatever you decide to do, I took time out 3 years ago and worked in an office it gave me time to regain my sanity, but it also made me realise that I missed working with children, I am back now :D:D:D:D

Well done Leo

Ali

Congratulations Leo!

rea - well done, it's hard with a Management Committee, because they can become such good friends, but I'm sure you've done the right thing.

Teddy had arrived when I got back from work yesterday (FAB day, thanks all!!). Today he met the children and had a look around the setting. Going to involve him more tomorrow, now he's had a chance to feel 'at home'. Who wants him next???

Sue :D

We would love to have him at some point Sue. We already have our two teddies that the children take home, Lottie and Russ. I'm sure they would be delighted to meet him. :o:D Does he have a name by the way??

Linda

Hi, Linda,

Confused the issue there, a bit, didn't I ??! :(

No, he hasn't a name yet, but as soon he gets one, you will be informed!!! I'll try to stop my lot hogging it, but they're quite inventive - our Roamer is called Colin (apologies to all who already knew this little gem!!! xD )

For everyone else's information, there is now a thread in the 'Setting Links' forum where you can register an interest in having Teddy visit. please excuse my slackness, but I'm new to this type of co-ordination business, but am learning fast.

Sue :o