Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bill Bailey Fans

On Tuesday night me and my husband Joe went to watch Bill Bailey at the Lowry in Salford. Well we were about 3 rows from the front and on the end of the row. He asked for a volunteer at one point so I stuck my hand up thinking that there would be loads of people wanting to take part. Nope! Just me! Anyway, next thing I know I'm standing on stage with Bill Bailey!

I had a go on the Tenorian (sp), musical instrument thingy that looks like a load of lights and then he used what I did to make it into a tune!

Joe took a sneaky no flash photo on his phone while I was up there but it wasn't great as there were so many lights on the stage and he didn't want to get thrown out!

So exciting and it was a great night!

Last night we went to watch Russell Howard and had front row seats! Great show, so funny that my jaw was aching by the end of the night.

This sounds like a good candidate for Peggy's old 'claim to fame' thread Nichola. So glad you had a good time - you deserve a few laughs after the trials and tribulations you've endured over the last months!

So glad you had a good time!

Mx

Aha! You live and learn. I shan't be trying to work this into a conversation any timee soon thotugh! :o

[/iquote]

as far away from ennui as it's possible to be without exploding

Hi Nichola

my boyfriend asked me to go with him to see bill bailey, i wasnt too keen on watching him, but went anyway.... He was brilliant and would def go see him again, he is so funny, was shocked at how great he played the guitar..

Carly

Hi Nicola. Not a bad choice of gigs that you went to, and now you are famous! Manchester does well does it not? Tonight I went to the MEN arena for War of the Worlds. Wow wow and wow! I shan't be able to sleep! We had great fun coming home on the train. We were packed like sardines and everyone started singing from the show, but after 2 lines no-one knew any more of the words so the place was a riot! By the time everyone had insulted Wiganers, Scousers, and those from Daisy Hill :o we were all friends for life. I just love the good- natured atmosphere in and around Manchester don't you?

I've heard that War of the Worlds is a great spectacle. One of the TAs at work has been before. Trains after gigs and concerts are always interesting. I often get the tram (well did before they started all the works in the centre) after and it's always rammed full of people from the concert.

To be honest though, I hate Manchester as a place to live. I miss my countryside and friendly locals.

No I wouldn't like to live inside Manchester, too noisy, and not personal enough as you say. My son tried it in one of those huge blocks of flats near Victoria Station ( whoops sorry, apartments :o ). It cost him a fortune and he moved out after 6 months, cured of wanting to live in the town centre. I do love going into Manchester though.