Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poem

does anybody have a poem about fathers day I could look at please. we are planning to make book marks for fathers day and would like a nice verse or poem to go with it.

thank you

Hmm yes.

can't think of it at the mo - but there's no reason you shouldn't use the old favourite

"Sit and put your feet up

and have a cup of tea

I'll get my favourite story book

and snuggle on your knee"

“Walk a little slower Daddy”

said the child so small.

“I’m following in your footsteps

and I don’t want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,

Sometimes they’re hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy

For you are leading me.

Someday when I’m all grown up,

You’re what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child

Who’ll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,

And know that I was true;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For I must follow you.”

We made cards with little footprints on them by clenching a fist, sponging paint onto the edge of the hand and printing (imagine the action of playing 'one potato, two potato' and you'll get my drift) then repeating with other hand to get pairs of footprints. Use the forefinger to paint on the little toes - so cute!

We made cards with little footprints on them by clenching a fist, sponging paint onto the edge of the hand and printing (imagine the action of playing 'one potato, two potato' and you'll get my drift) then repeating with other hand to get pairs of footprints. Use the forefinger to paint on the little toes - so cute!

Why didn't you just use their real footprints, LJW? :o

I love this one - thanks for sharing!

Maz

I suspect because their 'plates of meat' are too big to get a pair on a card!

I really like this poem and it reminds me of one we used (could be the same one) that a Mum spoilt for me a couple of years ago when she pointed out that she didn't want her little princess to be anything like her daddy! hmm, oh well, you can't please 'em all

I suspect because their 'plates of meat' are too big to get a pair on a card!

Well that would explain it Cait - I think I'll use it for a laminated picture! :o

Maz

Its really quite magical making little footprints tho, Maz. I first learnt it as a child... do you remember when you used to huff on the car window and draw little pictures?!

I've done them this way too - it's fantastic to see little feet emerging from hands! We do it when a child has a new sibling, 'welcome to my new brother' or whatever, and when my son was born, my daughter and I sat doing them as birth announcement cards - we couldn't afford shop-bought, but everyone loved them and it involved her nicely too as she was just 3

thank you all for the lovely peoms I will be able to use both ideas. What would i do without the forum.

thanks again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)