Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding In 2 Settings: 12.5 Hrs V 15 Hrs?

Lyanne

My setting is in a disadvantaged area and will be getting funding for 15 hours per child from September 2009, whereas the rest of the county gets it from September 2010. It's based on the postcode of the setting, all children attending (in the age range, not getting full entitlement elsewhere...) can have the 15 hours.

One child will be funded from Septmeber. Mum is going back to work and child will be attending 2 sessions per week at another setting near to mum's work, as far as I know other setting will only be getting 12.5 hours still.

So, has anyone else had this yet, and if so, how did you split the funding!?

I've told mum we'll look into it, & we'll contact our LEA, but I wondered about others' experiences. (Discussed with her the irony that it's this one year only as currently splitting is no problem and from Sept 2010 it wouldn't be a problem.) One option I've given her is for child to have the funded sessions all with us & mum to pay for sessions at other setting, or vice versa, but that is not ideal!

One option I've given her is for child to have the funded sessions all with us & mum to pay for sessions at other setting, or vice versa, but that is not ideal!

Sounds like the best option to me, Lyanne if the hours work out. I must admit I did think about this because some settings very near me are giving the 15 hours from September and we're not.

I guess the only answer that really matters is the one from your LA: I'm sure they will have thought of it and will issue guidelines about how to proceed!

Maz

Sounds like the best option to me, Lyanne if the hours work out. I must admit I did think about this because some settings very near me are giving the 15 hours from September and we're not.

I guess the only answer that really matters is the one from your LA: I'm sure they will have thought of it and will issue guidelines about how to proceed!

Maz

You optimist! I hope so!

You optimist! I hope so!

Well if they haven't thought about it already, I hope you charge them consultancy fees for finding the flaw in their system! :o

Maz

We've just hit this one too. We contacted our LEA and they are considering what to do. I know the basic framework is set by Government, but details like this are usually left to local decisions.

Gruffalo2 :o

We are in a pathfinder county (and a deprived area) and this has been our 2nd year of 15 hour entitlement for the parents.

As it is at the moment funding can be split between 2 settings......... its just the info is needed then on the termly numbers form.

I think Mum will have to decide where she wants how many hours, and top up to fulfill her need!

I phoned NEF about this on wednesday - as long as one of the settings is providing the 15 hours, the child can go up to 15 hours between the 2.

At least for Cambs, not sure about elsewhere.

Sam

Edited by sam2368

I would expect the child would be entitled to 15 hours , they would be in our area, in our case they would claim for the 2 sessions at one setting and the remaining 10 hours at ours... and our parent declaration form would be able to show that..

only way is to ask funding dept at leas how they plan for it to work..

Inge

Check with your Local Authority as this is something the DCSF are leaving for local decision.

In Oxfordshire, the parent will only be able to claim 15 hours if BOTH settings are in the phase 1 (Sept 09)rollout. So if they choose to split with one setting offering up to 12.5 hrs & one offering up to 15, the combined total will still have to be no more than 12.5hrs a week. Might be difficult for parents to understand why this is, but as the money available for phase 1 rollout is limited some restrictions still have to apply.

I've been at a meeting about funding this morning. It was clearly stated that as long as one of the 2 settings was offering the 15hours the claim between 2 settings is 15 hours. Minimum 2 hours at each setting.

Not had a reply yet from LEA, but I hope they'll be going for letting the child have the 15 hours. Some of our children are outside our deprived area, but this child is definetly in it so I will be very disappointed with LEA if they say she can only have 12.5 funded.

• 2 weeks later...

we are dorset still on 12.5 taken as 5 x 2.5 but have children who also attend somerset, they've been on 15 hrs how they want to use for it ages, its a nightmare to work out, if they do 12 in somerset (live in dorset)we can claim other 3 as a child attending somerset setting is entitled to the 15 and as they're not using it all there we can claim, which seems really unfair on the child living and attending a dorset setting, they'd all be better off going out of county !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)